xp loadds up really slowwww

can someone help me please, i have a 1yr old AMD computer and i am using
cyberus DSL for connection, I am finding that when i start up computer XP
takes forever to load up..is there anything that i can do to improve this...I
really appreciate all the help i can get..I am not to speedy but I can
manuver myself around when it comes to troubleshooting except for this i
haven't any clue!!
ty all

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:51:08 -0700, LIL-Lori wrote:

> can someone help me please, i have a 1yr old AMD computer and i am using
> cyberus DSL for connection, I am finding that when i start up computer XP
> takes forever to load up..is there anything that i can do to improve this...I
> really appreciate all the help i can get..I am not to speedy but I can
> manuver myself around when it comes to troubleshooting except for this i
> haven't any clue!!
> ty all

Serious suggestion: Start the computer, get a cup of coffee and then sit
down to work.

Also use Start> Run> MSCONFIG> Startup to see what kind of things have been
added to startup in the last year. Disable any items that are not necessary
everyday - do this through menus in the main program or by unchecking the
program's box in MSCONFIG.

Also, I find when my system starts getting a little sluggish at startup -
running defrag periodically improves performance.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User