xp loadds up really slowwww

can someone help me please, i have a 1yr old AMD computer and i am using
cyberus DSL for connection, I am finding that when i start up computer XP
takes forever to load up..is there anything that i can do to improve this...I
really appreciate all the help i can get..I am not to speedy but I can
manuver myself around when it comes to troubleshooting except for this i
haven't any clue!!
ty all
1 answer Last reply
More about loadds slowwww

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:51:08 -0700, LIL-Lori wrote:

    > can someone help me please, i have a 1yr old AMD computer and i am using
    > cyberus DSL for connection, I am finding that when i start up computer XP
    > takes forever to load up..is there anything that i can do to improve this...I
    > really appreciate all the help i can get..I am not to speedy but I can
    > manuver myself around when it comes to troubleshooting except for this i
    > haven't any clue!!
    > ty all

    Serious suggestion: Start the computer, get a cup of coffee and then sit
    down to work.

    Also use Start> Run> MSCONFIG> Startup to see what kind of things have been
    added to startup in the last year. Disable any items that are not necessary
    everyday - do this through menus in the main program or by unchecking the
    program's box in MSCONFIG.

    Also, I find when my system starts getting a little sluggish at startup -
    running defrag periodically improves performance.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Computers Windows XP