start menu

how can Iclean up my start menu with all the programs I have?
3 answers Last reply
More about start menu

    Open control-panel,start/task bar Then for start,customize.

    "curtis" wrote:

    > how can Iclean up my start menu with all the programs I have?

    Hi, Curtis.

    You've given us no details, so it's hard to help you much. But you can
    start by entering at the Run line: msconfig

    If you have specific questions, please post back. Better yet, just scan
    through a week's worth of posts here; you should find the subject discussed
    a dozen or more times. You are NOT the first poster to ask this question.
    ;^}

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:25:04 -0700, curtis wrote:

    > how can Iclean up my start menu with all the programs I have?

    Which part of the Start menu? All Programs (or Programs if using "classic"
    style)?

    If yes, right click your start button and select Explore. Windows Explorer
    will open with the focus on the folder containing your personal start menu
    items. Right click it again and select Explore All Users. A second Explorer
    window opens with the focus on the All Users start menu folders. These two
    sources (main folders and their subfolders) are used to build your start
    menu. Items under All Users appear for anyone logged on to the system.
    Items in your folders, only show when your account is logged on.

    You can add, remove or move folders and shortcuts. Suggest leaving the main
    folders: Programs, Startup and Accessories in their original locations. For
    my system, I've created folders to group similar programs. Example: The
    folder Graphics Apps contains folders and shortcuts for all of the programs
    that I have installed for viewing, editing or creating graphic images.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP