There is a question: I am getting a new personal computer, and, of
course, I want to transfer some files and
folders/directories/subdirectories that I have on this PC to the new
one. What files and folders/directories/subdirectories would I
transfer?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard will transfer email messages, IE favorites,
and many other files and settings. However, it does not transfer programs.

HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
;304903]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

Cables That Are Compatible with Direct Cable Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310576&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Set Up a Direct Cable Connection Between Two Computers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305621&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP