Strange mouse behaviour

Hello,

after the last couple of internet upgrades to XP-pro, my mouse behavior is a
little erratic. It happens mostly in dreamweaver, but also in IE6, so i
suspect it's not totallly a DW issue.

I use a dual monitor setup; when I click in the code-view pane of DW instead
of simply placing the cursor in the code, it highlights a large section of
text (like holding SHIFT down) and bounces my mouse pointer across to
monitor #2. Possibly a mimicking of dbl-click within text or code.

In IE6, say on a google search, I set up my Google pref's to open links in a
new window. The first search result link I click on opens in a new window.
The second does nothing. So I am forced to right-click and choose "open in
new window".

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

James
1 answer Last reply
More about strange mouse behaviour

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:02:29 GMT, James Mercola wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > after the last couple of internet upgrades to XP-pro, my mouse behavior is a
    > little erratic. It happens mostly in dreamweaver, but also in IE6, so i
    > suspect it's not totallly a DW issue.
    >
    > I use a dual monitor setup; when I click in the code-view pane of DW instead
    > of simply placing the cursor in the code, it highlights a large section of
    > text (like holding SHIFT down) and bounces my mouse pointer across to
    > monitor #2. Possibly a mimicking of dbl-click within text or code.
    >
    > In IE6, say on a google search, I set up my Google pref's to open links in a
    > new window. The first search result link I click on opens in a new window.
    > The second does nothing. So I am forced to right-click and choose "open in
    > new window".
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated..
    >
    > James

    Do you have a different mouse handy to try? It almost sounds like the one
    you're using has a button sticking. I know that you said it seems to be
    happening in only two programs but perhaps the sticking just isn't as
    noticeable in the other programs you normally use?

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Mice Windows XP