Strange mouse behaviour

Hello,

after the last couple of internet upgrades to XP-pro, my mouse behavior is a
little erratic. It happens mostly in dreamweaver, but also in IE6, so i
suspect it's not totallly a DW issue.

I use a dual monitor setup; when I click in the code-view pane of DW instead
of simply placing the cursor in the code, it highlights a large section of
text (like holding SHIFT down) and bounces my mouse pointer across to
monitor #2. Possibly a mimicking of dbl-click within text or code.

In IE6, say on a google search, I set up my Google pref's to open links in a
new window. The first search result link I click on opens in a new window.
The second does nothing. So I am forced to right-click and choose "open in
new window".

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

James

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:02:29 GMT, James Mercola wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after the last couple of internet upgrades to XP-pro, my mouse behavior is a
> little erratic. It happens mostly in dreamweaver, but also in IE6, so i
> suspect it's not totallly a DW issue.
>
> I use a dual monitor setup; when I click in the code-view pane of DW instead
> of simply placing the cursor in the code, it highlights a large section of
> text (like holding SHIFT down) and bounces my mouse pointer across to
> monitor #2. Possibly a mimicking of dbl-click within text or code.
>
> In IE6, say on a google search, I set up my Google pref's to open links in a
> new window. The first search result link I click on opens in a new window.
> The second does nothing. So I am forced to right-click and choose "open in
> new window".
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated..
>
> James

Do you have a different mouse handy to try? It almost sounds like the one
you're using has a button sticking. I know that you said it seems to be
happening in only two programs but perhaps the sticking just isn't as
noticeable in the other programs you normally use?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User