nickr336

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I upgraded my monitor to 22" and I can't get Stalker to work right. When I start the game the intro movie plays fine, but then as soon as the game starts I just see rectangles going from top to bottom on my screen. The map displays ok, audio works, I was able to walk around and open the door, but everything on the screen is a bunch of rectangles. Then I got a high end gaming PC, but the problem stayed. Please, help.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
“Then you got a high end gaming PC”

What do you mean? Did you upgrade parts of your PC or did you get a whole new system? What your describing is an issue with the graphics card that can be caused by: A) Over Heating or B) Faulty hardware.

It would be nice for a lot more information on your situation, for instance. What components do you have in your PC and what driver versions are you using. Also what operating system do you have and what are the running temps of your hardware?

nickr336

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Sorry for not being specific enough. It worked fine for me since the day it was released at 1440X900 with 7600GS. Last month I upgraded my monitor and it stopped working. Then I got another machine (a whole new system). It's a great PC, runs every other game maxed out. So, overheating or and faulty hardware is out of question. I don't think PC hardware has anything to do with it, because it stopped working when I got a new monitor. But to answer you question, currently I have 8800GTS with the most recent drivers.

kestrel42

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
Hello

If you're using Vista... try setting the lighting to 'static' and uncheck the full screen option.

Stalker is not designed with Vista OS in mind but the above should get you by for now.

Emperor36

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007
nickr336 wrote: currently I have 8800GTS with the most recent drivers.

Well nvidia drivers right now suck a$$, I installed the latest 163.71 whql's and they made my games run like terrible. I have the 94.24's on my system and they work 10 times better. My graphics card is the 7950gx2 and they love them. You prob need to refer back to drivers that worked well with games with no issues.

I have Stalker as well and had the latest drivers too... The game ran crappy, I literaly had to put the game in DX8 mode. Untill I went on the nv web site and asked what are the best drivers for my card.

Made a huge differance. I play all my games at max settings at 1680 x 1050. Even when I play Bio Shock and ET quack wars no issues..

BTW did you update the patch for STALKER 1.4 :heink:

Just because nv releases new drivers, they don't really work, that's my opinion.. Find the best driver on nv site That's Nv recommended and whql certified. That helped me... good luck :p