Chaintech 9EJL1 w/USB Mouse warning

dot

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Hey! First time around this board. Searched through the history and there's not much on the 9EJL1 board. It's new, but I figured there'd be something.
Anyway, here's the deal: We purchased the 9EJL1, a P4-2.4B, 512MB of Corsair XMS, eVGA Geforce4 MX 440 w/dual VGA ports, AOpen 16x DVD, 60g Maxtor HDD, FDD, Kybd, and a M$ Intelimouse Explorer USB.

That's where the trouble starts! When the mouse is connected to the USB port the machine reports a PS/2 Mouse Warning and pauses for me to hit a key. There's a post code listed: 7F.

In the BIOS there's no apparent way to disable that warning. I have it set to "Halt on NO ERRORS," but it still pauses at that warning message.

If I used the supplied USB-to-PS/2 adapter and connect the same mouse to the PS/2 mouse port everything is fine.

We have the most recent BIOS available dated 07/03/2002 (I think it's named 0703 something...)

I have 4 of these systems. All act exactly the same with as many different mice.
The kicker is I need to buy 7 more systems, but I didn't identify the problem until systems 3 & 4. Systems 1 & 2 were connected to a PS/2 KVM and the USB problem didn't arise.

Any ideas?

Regards,

dot

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Many boards have a way to disable the PS/2 mouseport all together. I assume you looked for that already though.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

dot

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
The Chaintech board has an option in the BIOS for "Show Post Codes." It can be either enabled or disabled. They are enabled by default so I disabled them. No more warning message, and no more forced pause at boot up!

Thanks for all the input,

dot