will not display desktop

Hello

When I start up XP, I only see the first 'welcome' message on a blue
background, as usual, and then only the wallpaper is displayed. It will not
show the desktop, nor the start menu, nor the task bar. What can I do??
Please help!!!!

"Myr" <Myr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> When I start up XP, I only see the first 'welcome' message on a blue
> background, as usual, and then only the wallpaper is displayed. It will
not
> show the desktop, nor the start menu, nor the task bar. What can I do??
> Please help!!!!

If you have a cursor on screen, right-click; if a menu comes up, click
"Arrange Icons by">"Show Desktop Icons". This is easiest fix and hopefully
works, also restoring the Taskbar.

Malv