Desktop Fill Effect

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I recently installed Windows XP onto my computer and
after I did this, I realized that once on the desktop,
the background directly behind the desktop icons and
their titles were all filled with a colour that I could
choose. The problem that I have is that I don't want
there to be this fill effect in place. Can anyone offer
some suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Click Start, right click My Computer,
Click Properties,
Click Advanced tab,
Under performance, click Setting button,
Scroll down and put a check mark for -
Use drop shadows for Icon labels on desktop.
Apply and OK back to desktop.

--
JerryM (ID)

MURPHY'S COMPUTER LAW
A man who can smile when things go wrong,
has thought of someone he can blame it on.

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d1c201c48abb$6bb99b60$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I recently installed Windows XP onto my computer and
> after I did this, I realized that once on the desktop,
> the background directly behind the desktop icons and
> their titles were all filled with a colour that I could
> choose. The problem that I have is that I don't want
> there to be this fill effect in place. Can anyone offer
> some suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks

I appreciate this advice however when I went into the
advance tab and then clicked on settings, there was
already a check mark for - "Use drop shadows for Icon
labels on desktop."

Any further advice.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment,
Let windows choose what's best for my computer - checked.