vivian

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

I have Windows XP. Everyday my computer does a mini dump or something. In
any case it restarts all by itself, even when I'm in the middle of something.
How do I stop this from happening?
--
unlearned computer expert

null

Vivian wrote:

> I have Windows XP. Everyday my computer does a mini dump or something. In
> any case it restarts all by itself, even when I'm in the middle of something.
> How do I stop this from happening?

Right-click My Computer
Select Properties
Select the Advanced tab
Select Settings under the Startup and Recovery section
De-select Automatically Restart under the System Failure section

Click OK to close, and you're all set.

posted here.

curious

That does not work for me and I also have win xp. It is not under My
Computer.