Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Outlook Express continually Dialling

Tags:
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Computers
  • Outlook Express
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 11:10:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

A friend has Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.
Each time she opens up her computer and after the desktop is displayed
the computer automatically dials up her ISP - Virgin.net. This means
that she cannot use her computer without going on line.

The only way she can operate her computer is to unplug the phone line.
Even then the modem continues to try to dial up her ISP.

I have checked that "Never dial a connection" is ticked in the Internet
Options, Connections Dialogue Box, I have removed the modem and
re-loaded it, I have done a full Virus Scan all to no avail.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be causing this and
any suggestions on how to stop it.
--
John Ditchfield

More about : outlook express continually dialling

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:32:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

John Ditchfield wrote:
> A friend has Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.
> Each time she opens up her computer and after the desktop is displayed
> the computer automatically dials up her ISP - Virgin.net. This means
> that she cannot use her computer without going on line.
>
> The only way she can operate her computer is to unplug the phone line.
> Even then the modem continues to try to dial up her ISP.
>
> I have checked that "Never dial a connection" is ticked in the
> Internet Options, Connections Dialogue Box, I have removed the modem
> and re-loaded it, I have done a full Virus Scan all to no avail.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be causing this
> and any suggestions on how to stop it.

Have you looked in OE?
Tools>Options>General>If my computer.....

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 8:47:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

>John Ditchfield wrote:
>> A friend has Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.
>> Each time she opens up her computer and after the desktop is displayed
>> the computer automatically dials up her ISP - Virgin.net. This means
>> that she cannot use her computer without going on line.
>
>Have you looked in OE?
>Tools>Options>General>If my computer.....
>
Thanks for the suggestion, yes I had checked that, it is set to
Do Not Connect
So I am still no further in solving the problem.

I also noticed that the 2 small Monitors, which are usually displayed in
the Start up Tray are no longer visible, even when online. Can you
suggest how I might recover them?

TIA
--
John Ditchfield
!