physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hello!

I have heard a lot about World of Warcraft. Would someone tell me what the game is and how it works?
What is the story or plot and is it only a multiplayer game, or does it have a single player to?
I heard to play a multiplayer game on WoW you had to pay a monthly fee?

Thanks!

wingsofzion

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
WoW is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). There is no single player, it is a multiplayer RPG game played over the internet. At present there are just about 8 million subscribers. You have to pay a monthly fee of $15 bucks to play. I think the first month is free, a common thing with MMO's. After the first month you get charged $15 bucks a month to continue.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
or you can play on private servers and play for free... so long as you don't mind constant DCes and what not. But hey, it's free; and beggars can't be choosers. ;)

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
To be honest though, I wouldn't bother with the private servers. Was an advocate for about a year as really didn't like the idea of paying to play once I'd already bought the game. After a while though I did play on the official servers and never looked back. They are truely how the game is meant to be played and the private servers kinda ruin the game a bit. But hey, like the guy above said, they are free.