No WIndows XP Home Edition CD.

August 25, 2004 8:41:29 PM

I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
Edition??

More about : windows home edition

August 25, 2004 10:31:04 PM

have you tried contacting Sony?? who sold you a license to use XP but did not
give you the full version or a copy??
Did they at least give you a recovery CD??
Back up programs can be located quite easily on the web..........free ones too
try download.com
peter
"TENPOUNDCAKE" <TENPOUNDCAKE@aol.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
> has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
> a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
> have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
> anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
> Edition??
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:29:53 AM

Check your documentation. You probably have a utility that allows you to
create CDs for restoring your system, installing drivers, etc.

Most OEMs install the Backup utility. Did you check under Start, All
Programs, Accessories, System Tools?

PattyL

"TENPOUNDCAKE" <TENPOUNDCAKE@aol.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
> has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
> a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
> have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
> anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
> Edition??
August 27, 2004 2:55:36 AM

Sorry to tell you that I also had this experience with a
Sony VAIO about a year ago; there is NO CD; NO
Documentation; No Backup Utility in Accessories; and
the "support" personnel either donot understand English
or simply don't care or try to help. Unfortunately, some
of my acquaintances have had similar problems with
Toshiba and other vendors. These companies are simply
taking your money and providing nothing; and there is no
place to get much help unless you are a full-time
computer geek.

!