No WIndows XP Home Edition CD.

I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
Edition??
3 answers Last reply
More about windows home edition

    have you tried contacting Sony?? who sold you a license to use XP but did not
    give you the full version or a copy??
    Did they at least give you a recovery CD??
    Back up programs can be located quite easily on the web..........free ones too
    try download.com
    peter
    "TENPOUNDCAKE" <TENPOUNDCAKE@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
    > has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
    > a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
    > have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
    > anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
    > Edition??

    Check your documentation. You probably have a utility that allows you to
    create CDs for restoring your system, installing drivers, etc.

    Most OEMs install the Backup utility. Did you check under Start, All
    Programs, Accessories, System Tools?

    PattyL

    "TENPOUNDCAKE" <TENPOUNDCAKE@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio computer that already
    > has Windows XP Home Edition installed i wanted to backup
    > a few files but the problem is that my computer doesn't
    > have the XP CD so i can't run the backup wizard. Is there
    > anywat i can get the CD without purchasing XP Home
    > Edition??

    Sorry to tell you that I also had this experience with a
    Sony VAIO about a year ago; there is NO CD; NO
    Documentation; No Backup Utility in Accessories; and
    the "support" personnel either donot understand English
    or simply don't care or try to help. Unfortunately, some
    of my acquaintances have had similar problems with
    Toshiba and other vendors. These companies are simply
    taking your money and providing nothing; and there is no
    place to get much help unless you are a full-time
    computer geek.

Computers CD-Rom Windows XP