downloads opening unreadable

August 25, 2004 11:15:02 PM

Whenever I download a manual or anything else for that matter, it opens with
Wordpad or Notepad. How do I change this to get "readable" downloads?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:13:40 AM

What is the file extension? If it's txt or rtf, then Notepad (for txt) or
Wordpad (for either) is fine.

Many files available for download from the Internet are in the Adobe Reader
format (pdf). To be able to view them, you'll need to download and install
the free Adobe Reader. Installing the reader will associate pdf files with
it and they will then open either in your browser or in the reader itself
(this is configurable by opening the reader and then going to the Edit Menu
and clicking Preferences. Click Internet and you can choose to display PDF
in the browser or not. My preference is not.

PattyL

!