downloads opening unreadable

Whenever I download a manual or anything else for that matter, it opens with
Wordpad or Notepad. How do I change this to get "readable" downloads?
1 answer Last reply
More about downloads opening unreadable

    What is the file extension? If it's txt or rtf, then Notepad (for txt) or
    Wordpad (for either) is fine.

    Many files available for download from the Internet are in the Adobe Reader
    format (pdf). To be able to view them, you'll need to download and install
    the free Adobe Reader. Installing the reader will associate pdf files with
    it and they will then open either in your browser or in the reader itself
    (this is configurable by opening the reader and then going to the Edit Menu
    and clicking Preferences. Click Internet and you can choose to display PDF
    in the browser or not. My preference is not.

    PattyL

    "homerdaisy" <homerdaisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I download a manual or anything else for that matter, it opens
    with
    > Wordpad or Notepad. How do I change this to get "readable" downloads?

Download Notepad Microsoft Windows XP