Use of floppy

August 26, 2004 2:03:09 AM

Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

More about : floppy

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:29:24 AM

Here are some questions for you:

* By "use a floppy" do you mean boot your computer with a
bootable floppy disk?

* Is your system presently in a state where you cannot
view the contents of your hard drive with Windows Explorer?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 5:05:51 AM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:03:09 -0700, Cyborgtom wrote:

> Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

If all you want is a list of the files, a floppy would probably be big
enough. I like Directory Printer from Karenware for this kind of task:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi

I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a hard
disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:12:43 AM

No, I mean to boot with a floppy and read the files on the hard drive, not
run programs. I have seen a reference to NTFS reader but am not sure where
to get this program.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a hard
> disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:12:44 AM

Yes, see this page:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfsdos.shtm...

> No, I mean to boot with a floppy and read the files on the hard drive, not
> run programs. I have seen a reference to NTFS reader but am not sure
> where
> to get this program.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a
>> hard
>> disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in
>> > XP?

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:30:10 AM

Hi