Use of floppy

Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?
6 answers Last reply
More about floppy

    Here are some questions for you:

    * By "use a floppy" do you mean boot your computer with a
    bootable floppy disk?

    * Is your system presently in a state where you cannot
    view the contents of your hard drive with Windows Explorer?

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:03:09 -0700, Cyborgtom wrote:

    > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

    If all you want is a list of the files, a floppy would probably be big
    enough. I like Directory Printer from Karenware for this kind of task:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi

    I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a hard
    disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

    No, I mean to boot with a floppy and read the files on the hard drive, not
    run programs. I have seen a reference to NTFS reader but am not sure where
    to get this program.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a hard
    > disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in XP?

    Yes, see this page:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfsdos.shtml

    > No, I mean to boot with a floppy and read the files on the hard drive, not
    > run programs. I have seen a reference to NTFS reader but am not sure
    > where
    > to get this program.
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a
    >> hard
    >> disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in
    >> > XP?

    Hi

    Have you tried a search on Google for an NTFS reader? www.google.com or
    http://www.google.com/grphp

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No, I mean to boot with a floppy and read the files on the hard drive, not
    > run programs. I have seen a reference to NTFS reader but am not sure
    > where
    > to get this program.
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what you mean? You can direct a listing of the files on a
    >> hard
    >> disk/partition to a floppy in a text file.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Cyborgtom" <Cyborgtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can a floppy be used to get a directory of the files on hard drive in
    >> > XP?

Floppy Disk Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP