On June 6th I spoke with Karoon and he helped me get the One-Plan. I
installed the MSN8 disk and Steve walked me thru the setup. I have one
phone line. The problem started when Steve neglected to tell me about
the Network setup, so my MSN8 connection was not firewalled. 5 minutes
after getting off the phone with Steve and connecting with the pc, I had
the Sasser Worm.

My webtv came in handy, got that resolved.

Two months later almost to the day, I get locked out until I upgrade to
MSN9. Norton said msn6.exe is malicious file. I complied. Got a bad
download. Called three times got MSN8 back up and ordered CD.

Installed it last week. Braden walked me thru the delete MSN8. Nice guy,
told me to put the MSN9 in and follow the prompts, have a nice day. I
asked him about the firewall, told him about the Sasser Worm. Oh, the
firewall. He was kind enough to help me set up a firewalled manual
connection. I don't know, I am a new user. I have yet to ever see any
instructions on the Network Connection Wizard method of setting up a
firewall. Got the Pogue book, have 6 new MSNTV tutorial pages on all
the XP stuff I have found in newsgroups, nothing there.

Now with my new MSN9 I cannot see javascript. All my MSNTV pages,
around a hundred of them, mostly tutorials about making pages with
MSNTV, use javascript. Other people with MSN9 see those XP tutorials on
my MSNTV pages, not me. Allow active scripting is checked. Get a popup
saying scripting error when I view anything with js. No background, no
table colors, no gradcolors, all the links are impossible to read. It
also keeps dialing when I log off, I change it back to "dial when I
prompt", it changes itself to "dial when there is no network
connection", which is all the time.

I downloaded Firefox tonight. Can someone walk me thru a firewalled
Firefox connection so I can delete the MSN9? Then maybe I can use IE
without it defaulting to MSN Explorer.

Thanks,

t'o

find a good, trusted,computer shop and let them set up your
system as you may have to reinstall the operating system to
clean up the mess that you are creating.
how about system restore? is there a restore point to
before june 6 ? this will remove ,mostly, everything
installed before then, including windows updates.
you are better to have an isp, that all you have to do too
setup is plug into the wall and set the internet connection.