Outlook Express 6

HELP! When I send e-mail, it appears in my inbox. I cannot recieve e-mail
from other people. What have I done wrong? I've checked servers and
everything is correct, I'm using windows xp through multiple user accounts,
there are two other people that use this computer, one e-mail account is ok
but the other has the same problem as me
2 answers Last reply
More about outlook express

    Dobbie wrote:
    > HELP! When I send e-mail, it appears in my inbox. I cannot recieve
    > e-mail from other people. What have I done wrong? I've checked
    > servers and everything is correct, I'm using windows xp through
    > multiple user accounts, there are two other people that use this
    > computer, one e-mail account is ok but the other has the same problem
    > as me

    If your sent mail is appearing in your inbox, then you must be sending
    those emails (or copies) to yourself. Are other people receiving the
    mail as well as yourself? Is your email address correct?

    Without more information it's difficult to know where to start. Make
    sure your account is configured according to the Help files in OE :-
    To add an e-mail or newsgroup account

    You will need the following information from your Internet service
    provider (ISP) or local area network (LAN) administrator:

    a.. For e-mail accounts, you'll need to know the type of e-mail server
    you use (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP), your account name and password, the name
    of the incoming e-mail server and, for POP3 and IMAP, the name of an
    outgoing e-mail server.
    b.. For a newsgroup account, you'll need to know the name of the news
    server you want to connect to and, if required, your account name and
    password.
    1.. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2.. In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
    3.. Select either Mail or News to open the Internet Connection Wizard,
    and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an
    e-mail or news server.

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    Thankyou Kath. My problem is now sorted out and I have lots of mail, so does
    the other user. Thankyou very much.

    "Kath Adams" wrote:

    > Dobbie wrote:
    > > HELP! When I send e-mail, it appears in my inbox. I cannot recieve
    > > e-mail from other people. What have I done wrong? I've checked
    > > servers and everything is correct, I'm using windows xp through
    > > multiple user accounts, there are two other people that use this
    > > computer, one e-mail account is ok but the other has the same problem
    > > as me
    >
    > If your sent mail is appearing in your inbox, then you must be sending
    > those emails (or copies) to yourself. Are other people receiving the
    > mail as well as yourself? Is your email address correct?
    >
    > Without more information it's difficult to know where to start. Make
    > sure your account is configured according to the Help files in OE :-
    > To add an e-mail or newsgroup account
    >
    > You will need the following information from your Internet service
    > provider (ISP) or local area network (LAN) administrator:
    >
    > a.. For e-mail accounts, you'll need to know the type of e-mail server
    > you use (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP), your account name and password, the name
    > of the incoming e-mail server and, for POP3 and IMAP, the name of an
    > outgoing e-mail server.
    > b.. For a newsgroup account, you'll need to know the name of the news
    > server you want to connect to and, if required, your account name and
    > password.
    > 1.. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    > 2.. In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
    > 3.. Select either Mail or News to open the Internet Connection Wizard,
    > and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an
    > e-mail or news server.
    >
    > --
    > Kath Adams
    > MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)