problems with service pack 2

About 30 mins into install I get an access denied message then it takes
another 30 mins to uninstall.Have tried twice and the same things
happen.Anyone else having problems.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about problems service pack

    You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873148&Product=windowsxpsp2

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873148&Product=windowsxpsp2
    :
    :
    :: About 30 mins into install I get an "access denied" message then it
    :: takes another 30 mins to uninstall. Have tried twice and the same
    :: things happen. Anyone else having problems.
    :: Thanks

    I downloaded the SP2 today and it went into an endless reboot cycle. What
    gives?

    ---

    This is what event viewer says. I can only get in in safe mode.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7026
    Date: 8/27/2004
    Time: 6:26:25 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: EVE
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AFD
    AmdK7
    Fips
    IPSec
    MRxSmb
    NetBIOS
    NetBT
    RasAcd
    Rdbss
    Tcpip
    vsdatant
    WS2IFSL

    "It's Only me" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
    : "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    : news:ugstnv4iEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl
    :: You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to
    :: install Windows XP Service Pack 2
    ::
    :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873148&Product=windowsxpsp2
    ::
    ::
    ::: About 30 mins into install I get an "access denied" message then it
    ::: takes another 30 mins to uninstall. Have tried twice and the same
    ::: things happen. Anyone else having problems.
    ::: Thanks
    :
    : I downloaded the SP2 today and it went into an endless reboot cycle.
    : What
    : gives?
    :
    :