• Media Center
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 11, 2007 5:12:45 PM

Can it be done?

More about : running windows media center original xbox

October 11, 2007 8:23:39 PM

why do u want it? and yes just very difficult probably no has figured it out yet
October 11, 2007 10:26:44 PM

like the previous reply, it's probably possible but to my knowledge hasn't been done yet. I know people have put linux on an xbox but i don't believe windows media center.

Here are some of the specs for an original xbox:
Intel Pentium III 733 MHz w/ 128 KB
64 MB DDR SDRAM
8 GB
Custom Nvidia 256-bit 2D/3D graphics acceleration

Here are the system requirements for windows xp media center edition
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
1.6 GHz (or equivalent) processor
DirectX 9.0 hardware-accelerated GPU (ATI Radeon 9 series or nVidia GeForce 5 series or higher)
256 MB of System RAM

Here are the recommended system requirements for windows xp:
300 MHz or higher
128 MB RAM or higher
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
1.5 GB or higher
CD-ROM or better
Keyboard and mouse

I know it's information overkill but if it's something you want to do you should know your options

These requirements are just the base, meaning that it'll run okay but probably not well and that's not even after any updates or anything else. On top of that since the graphics card is custom their probably won't be any official drivers and you'll have to just use default video drivers. This is probably why it really hasnt been done. On top of that the cpu in the xbox isn't really fast enough to run windows xp correctly regardless of the requirements. I'd either try linux or try xbox media center both of which run rather well on an original xbox.
October 11, 2007 10:26:54 PM

like the previous reply, it's probably possible but to my knowledge hasn't been done yet. I know people have put linux on an xbox but i don't believe windows media center.

Here are some of the specs for an original xbox:
Intel Pentium III 733 MHz w/ 128 KB
64 MB DDR SDRAM
8 GB
Custom Nvidia 256-bit 2D/3D graphics acceleration

Here are the system requirements for windows xp media center edition
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
1.6 GHz (or equivalent) processor
DirectX 9.0 hardware-accelerated GPU (ATI Radeon 9 series or nVidia GeForce 5 series or higher)
256 MB of System RAM

Here are the recommended system requirements for windows xp:
300 MHz or higher
128 MB RAM or higher
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
1.5 GB or higher
CD-ROM or better
Keyboard and mouse

I know it's information overkill but if it's something you want to do you should know your options

These requirements are just the base, meaning that it'll run okay but probably not well and that's not even after any updates or anything else. On top of that since the graphics card is custom their probably won't be any official drivers and you'll have to just use default video drivers. This is probably why it really hasnt been done. On top of that the cpu in the xbox isn't really fast enough to run windows xp correctly regardless of the requirements. I'd either try linux or try xbox media center both of which run rather well on an original xbox.
!