autocad in XP

I installed autocad 2000 on a computer with windows xp. Autocad does not let
me use the ctrl-c, ctrl-x, ctrl-v commands...it does nothing. I don't know
if this is a windows problem or autocad. Please help?

Have you tried setting Autocad to the compatablility setting for windows
2000. Right click on the shortcut icon then click properties and then click
the compatability tab and put a check mark in the "run this program in
compatability mode for." and then click the drop down list arrow to the right
of the line immediately under the above and then click windows 2000 to
highlight it and see if that works. If not you may need an update from the
program manufacturer.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=2475161#section104
{]:~)