Can Receive email but can't send

I'm using Outlook Express while away from my normal network connection at
work. I hve a wireless connection made at the hotel, but all I can do is
receive email. I et the following error message. Please note that I was
logged on to get email.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR user password must be specified', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This is from the Microsoft Knowledge Base, however, you might want to try an
OutLook News Group if no answer is found here.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198704&Product=oex

-or this-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303194&Product=oex

-or this-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298589&Product=oex

Rednosebob wrote:
> I'm using Outlook Express while away from my normal network
> connection at work. I hve a wireless connection made at the hotel,
> but all I can do is receive email. I et the following error message.
> Please note that I was logged on to get email.
>
> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
> rejected. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net',
> Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR user password must be
> specified', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

It's because you are not using Comcast to connect with. You need to
configure OE to use the smtp server of the ISP that the Hotel is using.
Most ISP's will let you receive, but not send if you are not directly
connected to them. Either do as I mentioned above, or send your mail via
the web interface of Comcast.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kath - That resolved my problem. Thank you!

"Kath Adams" wrote:

> Rednosebob wrote:
> > I'm using Outlook Express while away from my normal network
> > connection at work. I hve a wireless connection made at the hotel,
> > but all I can do is receive email. I et the following error message.
> > Please note that I was logged on to get email.
> >
> > There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
> > rejected. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net',
> > Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR user password must be
> > specified', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
> > Error Number: 0x800CCC92
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> It's because you are not using Comcast to connect with. You need to
> configure OE to use the smtp server of the ISP that the Hotel is using.
> Most ISP's will let you receive, but not send if you are not directly
> connected to them. Either do as I mentioned above, or send your mail via
> the web interface of Comcast.
> --
> Kath Adams
> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Thanks for the feedback, and glad all is well.
Kath