missing fax

At one time I was able to fax from my cumputer now I can't, I get program not
responding. I went to printers and fax and found Capture Fax BVRP paused how
do I make it ready. I also went to set up faxing and found the file
FXSCFGWZ.DLL on windows XP home edition cd rom is needed. Type the path where
the file is listed and click OK. I loaded the cd and clicked OK after 1/2
hour nothing happen. What am I doing wrong.

In the control panel, Add or Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components (left
pane), check Fax Services.

If the Fax services hasn't been started, in the control panel, Administrative Tools,
double click services, right-click Fax, Startup type, automatic, Service status,
start.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"IDBooch" <IDBooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At one time I was able to fax from my cumputer now I can't, I get program not
> responding. I went to printers and fax and found Capture Fax BVRP paused how
> do I make it ready. I also went to set up faxing and found the file
> FXSCFGWZ.DLL on windows XP home edition cd rom is needed. Type the path where
> the file is listed and click OK. I loaded the cd and clicked OK after 1/2
> hour nothing happen. What am I doing wrong.

MARY: I went to control panel -add remove - came up with XP set up - checked
fax clicked next -went to configuring components - came up with file needed
FXSCFGWZ.DLL from windows XP cd rom type the path where the file is located
and then click OK in the highlighted blue box it has
\docume~1\dennis~1\local~1\temp~\i386 - when this cd is loaded nothing
happens. NOW I also tried administrative tools - services - there is no FAX
listed to right click I must be missing something. please help

"IDBooch" wrote:

> At one time I was able to fax from my cumputer now I can't, I get program not
> responding. I went to printers and fax and found Capture Fax BVRP paused how
> do I make it ready. I also went to set up faxing and found the file
> FXSCFGWZ.DLL on windows XP home edition cd rom is needed. Type the path where
> the file is listed and click OK. I loaded the cd and clicked OK after 1/2
> hour nothing happen. What am I doing wrong.

falasadi48

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

At one time I was able to fax from my cumputer now I can't, I get program not
responding. I went to printers and fax and found Capture Fax BVRP paused how
do I make it ready. I also went to set up faxing and found the file
FXSCFGWZ.DLL on windows XP home edition cd rom is needed. Type the path where
the file is listed and click OK. I loaded the cd and clicked OK after 1/2
hour nothing happen. What am I doing wrong.

TRENDING THREADS