Sign in with
Your question

Lots of games coming out , which of them are u going to buy?

Last response: in Video Games
October 13, 2007 11:38:46 AM

CRYSIS
HL2 : EP2
COD4
TIME SHIFT
UT3
PES 2008

Games are very cheap in iran :D  ;)  :bounce: 

More about : lots games coming buy

October 13, 2007 3:52:10 PM

Crysis + UT3, that's all this year. I'm going to wait for a Black Box, I'm getting owned bad in Timeshift demo, but it's fun.
Related resources
October 13, 2007 4:31:19 PM

well im really looking forward to crysis and sof3 this year
October 13, 2007 4:31:24 PM

well im really looking forward to crysis and sof3 this year
October 13, 2007 6:21:53 PM

CRYSIS
HL2 : orange box
COD4
UT3

Im a sucker for war type games with a story.
October 13, 2007 6:56:16 PM

Gears of War for PC (Love the multiplayer gameplay)
NOT Crysis (fancy show of graphics dont impress me anymore)
COD 4 (Damn it the graphics are just WOW)
October 13, 2007 9:29:41 PM

Crysis (pre ordered)
COD4 (pre ordered)
Gears for PC if it is a good port.

NOT: HL2 ep2 orange box or whatever. That whole Steam thing pissed me off royally when HL2 came out. It took a few days and many hours of high speed internet time to get HL2 installed and working. Will never, ever buy from Valve/Steam again. Will play Portal on a friends machine for free however, maybe tonight. Kiss my grits Valve!
October 13, 2007 9:32:40 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:

NOT Crysis (fancy show of graphics dont impress me anymore)
COD 4 (Damn it the graphics are just WOW)
You contradict yourself in the very next line??? So graphics "don't impress"you, or are graphics like "WOW," or both (somehow)?
October 13, 2007 9:37:05 PM

stemnin said:
I'm going to wait for a Black Box,..
I read somewhere that black box will not be available retail....searching....

From Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box

Quote:
The Black Box

Another compilation, The Black Box, was also planned. This would have contained only the new material (HL2: Episode Two, Portal, TF2) but was later canceled for retail, and will only be available through Steam to owners of the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card. These owners receive a voucher for a free copy of The Black Box through Steam which can only be transferred along with the graphics card.

October 14, 2007 12:02:50 AM

lakedude said:
You contradict yourself in the very next line??? So graphics "don't impress"you, or are graphics like "WOW," or both (somehow)?
Crysis is JUST a show of graphics besides that you are basically playing farcry. COD4 is different
October 14, 2007 2:06:13 AM

different than what lol? every CoD and MoH ive played all feel the same. SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
October 14, 2007 2:08:25 AM

lakedude said:
I read somewhere that black box will not be available retail....searching....

From Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box

Quote:
The Black Box

Another compilation, The Black Box, was also planned. This would have contained only the new material (HL2: Episode Two, Portal, TF2) but was later canceled for retail, and will only be available through Steam to owners of the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card. These owners receive a voucher for a free copy of The Black Box through Steam which can only be transferred along with the graphics card.

I know, i'm still going to wait.
October 15, 2007 12:40:11 AM

Am I the only one looking forward to War Hound?
October 15, 2007 9:01:59 AM

NO! i think there was 1 more guy. :) 
October 15, 2007 9:24:55 AM

I just bought Psychonauts.

Rock on.
October 15, 2007 7:58:34 PM

Crysis
Hellgate London
The Witcher
Assasains Creed (hopefully not delayed longer for pc)

Also in the same boat for GoW, if they port it well then I'm up for it.

EDIT: I have little hope for assasins creed now. It comes from the same Ubisoft group that brought us SCDA and we all know what a joke that was for PC support.

Also a game that didn't make it to my list.... Jericho!!!
October 15, 2007 8:08:56 PM

crysis
cod4
orange box (already have)
mario galaxy
nights
mass effect
assassins creed
rock band

yes i will be poor this xmas :p 
October 24, 2007 3:42:36 AM

stemnin said:
I know, i'm still going to wait.
After all that noise I made about Valve/Steam guess what I got...
The Black Box!
It came free with a new hd2600xt. Got em both for $95 w free shipping. The 2600 is a step back in time for me after having huge power sucking dual slot cards like the 1950xt and the 8800gts. It is kinda nice to have a little quiet card for theater use.

While I was at it I picked up HL2-ep1 for $9.95 to complete the HL2 collection. It was pretty cool to be able to use Steam to download the original HL2 from Steam and not need the original disks at all! I hate to admit it but Steam is pretty cool....
October 24, 2007 4:55:11 PM

crysis
cod4
mass effect

I know there are a few more but I can't think of them right now
October 24, 2007 5:49:14 PM

Looking forward to Crysis now that my machine is above recomended specs :D 

Also:

CoD4 - The Demo was crazzzzy
Hellgate: London - Preordered to play the BETA... now I'm not sure if I want to keep it
Soul Storm - The next in the Dawn of War saga
Bioshock - Looks and sounds fun
October 24, 2007 11:43:22 PM

Ananan said:
I just bought Psychonauts.

Rock on.

Interestingly enough the psychonauts team is coming out with a new project. We put the trailer up yesterday.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/site/flash_videos/brutal_le...

It appears to be a hack and slash about a heavy metal roadie. (the guy who loads speakers and equipment for a band)

Too early to tell if it's going to be any good, but they've got my attention.
October 25, 2007 6:57:14 AM

A local discout store had at least 15 boxed copies of Psychonauts in a bargain bin at $3.99 each.

After reading all the positives about the game on this site I found it a bit sad. Almost like a game graveyard.

So I snatched a copy.
October 25, 2007 2:19:20 PM

Unreal Tournament 3 and Crysis are the two games I have my eye on at the moment. If the Orange box becomes cheap enough (sub £20) I’ll buy it just for HL2 Ep2, Rock Band looks promising however I’m not sure how a game that has its routes firmly established in the console arena will translate onto the PC. As for next year I’m looking forward to GTA IV and Assassins Creed.
October 25, 2007 8:24:56 PM

Sengoku said:
Interestingly enough the psychonauts team is coming out with a new project. We put the trailer up yesterday.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/site/flash_videos/brutal_le...

It appears to be a hack and slash about a heavy metal roadie. (the guy who loads speakers and equipment for a band)

Too early to tell if it's going to be any good, but they've got my attention.

It's called Brutal Legend, and it sounds like a doozy of a game - if you own a console... :o 

These are also the guys responsible for Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, and Grim Fandango, all of which are pretty classic adventure games. Be interesting to see what they can do with something more action oriented. Game Informer has the preview as their cover article for November.
October 26, 2007 6:09:08 PM

Maziar, is hardware cheap too? Maybe you could start a business...I will be your first customer...how much USD for a 8800 do you want?
October 30, 2007 9:48:43 PM

Think the ones to watch and i'm definately buying are:

Kane & Lynch
Assains Creed
UT3
Crysis - obviously :D 
Gears of War
COD:4
Maybe 'Timeshift' not to sure, anyone heard much about this?
Need For Speed : Pro Street
Slight trend :p 

Not too sure why they are selling the orange box, maybe i'm presuming too much but most people if not all have HL2 and maybe EP 1 and doesn't seem to have...correct me if i'm wrong CSS with it? Thats what online gamers want not TF2 it maybe good but the popularity of CSS is much higher. Myself i buy them off steam (it was a pain at first but become accustomed to it now)as an when they are released normally in USD and very cheap for us Brits less than a tenner each if i rem correctly....?
November 1, 2007 1:42:58 AM

itotallybelieveyou said:
Crysis is JUST a show of graphics besides that you are basically playing farcry. COD4 is different

Crysis is not just a show of graphics. Destructible environment and the nifty nano-suit are also nice selling points. The weapons handling and ballistics are also better than COD, and does away with the traditionally overly accurate cross-hairs system (at least at the highest difficulty). Multiplayer also looks very promising, a nice change from the endless team frag spree or capture the flag types. Stop acting like a COD fanboi and spewing worthless hate just because some new title is getting rave previews.
November 3, 2007 6:17:51 AM

I think there are 3 i am really looking forward to

1. Crysis ( Stupid Short Demo...more of a Teaser)
2. Call of Duty 4 (Same as with Crysis)
3. Frontlines: Fuel of War

The first two are obvious, the third however isn't so obvious.

It's being Developed by Kaos Studios, Which consists of most( could be more or less I'm not sure) of the members of Trauma Studios creators of Desert Combat. Who was bought by EA/DICE and they were apart of BF2 development in some way or another....left and are now Kaos. I first heard about it about a year ago or more and have been following it since. Its being Published by THQ (the DEV's speak highly of them.)
November 3, 2007 5:37:52 PM

SimCity: Societies (OH YEAH!)
Unreal Tournament 2008

I'm going to PLAY Crysis, but I won't BUY it. I have a friend in my dorm who buys PC games like they are his rights to live, so he typically beats a game and then gives it to me, or his GF if she wants it (but she is going to buy Crysis).

Heh, might as well mention his rig while I'm here.
2x 8800 GTXs, OC'ed to 8800 Ultra specs
QX6850 at 3.4 gigahertz, liquid cooling (purple anti-freeze I think)
1 Terabyte or so of Hard Drive space, all using Raptor drives (they are in their own case outside the one with the motherboard!)
Asus 680i Striker Extreme MOBO
8 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM with CAS 4 from either G. SKill or GeIL, I'm not sure which one he said
Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition.

The case is something he had a metal shop in his home town build. It has 3 purple neon lights, and a cupholder (he welded that onto the side once he figured out he would sit it on his desk). It also has a Blu-Ray drive and his monitor is a 42" Sharp AQUOS LCD TV.

Sorry, but I just wanted everyone else as bad as me today ;) 
November 3, 2007 5:40:32 PM

Oh we are listing Console Games too? Oh, ok then, just to let you know, I'm selling my soul to Mass Effect when it comes out. Yah, that will be a month of sedentary living if there ever was one.
November 4, 2007 4:36:25 PM

Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Assassin's Creed
Spore
Soul Calibur 4
Orange Box (already bought)
The Force Unleashed
Brutal Legend also looks interesting.
November 4, 2007 8:55:47 PM

F.E.A.R Perseus mandate
Half Life Episode 2