munllnum

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
I'm new comer and don't know how can i find the post what i need.I'm SORRY if what i ask have been asked.
I have a system with kt133a and dragon 1G.I want update my system,can i change my cpu to athlon XP XXXX+ with hold my old motherboard?thanks:)

When you recognize you will die and you will no pain:)

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,

Have you checked your mobo maker's website? Look for Downloads/Support/ or Bios. From there look for the latest Bios Download & see what cpu your mobo will support. Do not take anyone's word on this, this is something only you can decide if you are ready to do. If you flash your bios & something goes wrong you could burn out your bios chip.

On a just for kicks note, Why do you want a faster CPU???? What are you using your system for? In my opinion, you should just leave the whole system intact & sell it & buy a whole new system. Good Luck

Peace Out................tile

god knows your entire system setup & he would answer your questions if he could just stop laughing

munllnum

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
Thanks a lot:)I forgot to say that the manufactory of my mobo have bankup and the web (http://www.hasee.com/en)...
Ghost know what happened.If i change my whole system i will choice a mobo with a big factory.But i'm so poor with AMD cpu is so cheap now,and i get UNREAL 2K3 and NFS6.So i want chang my cpu.I think that it will work smooth when i playing those games.It heard that kt133a can support xp1600+?Is it?

When you recognize you will die and you will no pain:)

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,

I still don't know what OS you are running?

My advice for gaming app.s: skip the cpu upgrade, max out your ram slots with as much & as big sd-ram as you can, get the best video card as you can(the ATi Radeon 9700 pro is the fastest right now, but the Nvidia GF4 4200 cards are a very sweet deal) & lastly upgrade your OS to Windows XP so the OS can use all the system ram that you just installed. A faster running Athlon XP is only a little faster than the cpu that you have, the real performance gains in gaming software comes from faster/better video cards.

Other things to consider: upgrade your PSU to a 350+ watt Antec or Enermax power supply unit. Faster Video Cards need more power. Go to your mobo's website & download the latest Bios. Good Luck

Peace Out.............tile

god knows your entire system setup & he would answer your questions if he could just stop laughing