XP Home upgrade

When the intallation is complete, can I remove the old operating system (was
Win 98)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 05:45:01 -0700, UKgandalf wrote:

> When the intallation is complete, can I remove the old operating system (was
> Win 98)

Yes, you can. You may want to run XP for a few days or weeks before giving
up those files. Once you're satisfied with how things are going with XP,
then delete them. A few different ways this can be done:

1) Add/Remove Programs will show a "Windows XP Uninstall" option. Click
Change/Remove and select to remove the backup of the old operating system.

2) Run Disk Cleanup. It will include the old operating system files as an
item to be removed. Place a check mark next to the item to select it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User