XP ADMINISTRTOR USER ACCOUNT

August 27, 2004 11:00:13 AM

INSTALLED XP-2, WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH USER ACCOUNTS.
HAVE NOW LOST "ADMINISTRATOR. CANNOT RE-LOAD XP BECAUSE
OF THE XP-2 DOWNLOAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS??
August 27, 2004 12:31:02 PM

Do a System Restore in Safe Mode:
"How to Boot in Safe Mode"
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html

"CHUCK" wrote:

> INSTALLED XP-2, WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH USER ACCOUNTS.
> HAVE NOW LOST "ADMINISTRATOR. CANNOT RE-LOAD XP BECAUSE
> OF THE XP-2 DOWNLOAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 12:32:38 PM

hav e no administrator account. It will not even let me
create a new account. When ever I try to delete, install
any program it states that I am noit the administrator. HELP!
August 27, 2004 1:57:38 PM

Do a system restore and roll your system back to a time it was stable before
the SP2 install.

"CHUCK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> INSTALLED XP-2, WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH USER ACCOUNTS.
> HAVE NOW LOST "ADMINISTRATOR. CANNOT RE-LOAD XP BECAUSE
> OF THE XP-2 DOWNLOAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS??
August 30, 2004 1:28:00 PM

Will wrote:
> [...]

The built-in Administrator Account CANNOT be deleted.
In Home edition, boot into Safe Mode, when the Administrator Account should
show up on as a log-in.
In Pro, at the Welcome screen, press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. The old W2K style
log-in box should appear. Type in "administrator" (without the quotes) in
the username box. Leave the password blank unless you knowe otherwise.

HTH
!