My son changed his user password on the computer and
doesn't know what he changed it to. How can I bypass the
welcome screen to get in and reset it?

null

Debby wrote:

> My son changed his user password on the computer and
> doesn't know what he changed it to. How can I bypass the
> welcome screen to get in and reset it?

CTRL+ALT+DEL, then release just the DEL key and press DEL again.

Try logging in as Administrator, with no password.

posted here.

Hi Debbie,

You will need to logon as administrator, then reset his password from the
users applet in the control panel. The administrator account should have no
password unless you (or he) set one.

For WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the Welcome screen, then type in
administrator for the user. Enter a password if appropriate. For WinXP Home,
you need to restart the system and load Safe mode by hitting F8 just as the
system POST ends and WinXP begins to load, the administrator logon will be
one of the options.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Debby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My son changed his user password on the computer and
> doesn't know what he changed it to. How can I bypass the
> welcome screen to get in and reset it?

come on....trust your son with that PC.....don't be such a snoop of a
parent.....

---

TRENDING THREADS