Return of a Classic: Jagged Alliance 3 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrial_zman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I guess it's time to dust off my copies of the original 2 and addons and see if I can beat the games before the third installment comes out. Nothing like a good old turn based strategy game.

Does this mean Steam or some other online content system will have a sale on the digital copy versions of the older ones?

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Woah flashback I remember this game because at the same time as a kid I thought it was funny how there was a band Jagged Edge with that "Lets Get Married" all over the radio. Good news lol just that game always gives me flash backs to Jagged Edge everytime I hear it

one of my favorites, JA2 is a great game. lots of guns, tactics, even 1 stage will take time to finish.

i thing tho, that 20 question thingy, i found any guides to that, i mean yes you will proly get the skill based on the questions, but is there a secret/rare skill?
and i couldn't get heavy weapons if i remember it right.

MrMaestro

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I just re-installed JA2 a month or so ago and played quite a bit. JA2 has so many little things put into that make it such a well thought-out and entertaining game. In general, I can't stand the RPG genre, I almost always find it incredibly boring, but JA2 is one of my all time favourite games. I hope they don't try to tweak the formula too much!

I remember screenshots from a supposedly in-the-works JA 3D years ago, what ever happened to that?

G

Great news! But I still remain skeptical everytime I hear about a new JA title. Are any of the original Sir-Tech developers involved in the new project?

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
I thought this game was by Sirtech... like one of the best dungeons ever - the Wizardry 7. I guess it's a second(third, ...)-hand IP sale.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]Ivan and Fidel ride again[/citation]

Hope they'll bring back Magic!
"I'll cut you some slack on a long term deal.. if it's good for you."
LOL!

G

shadow is my man.....
links also......
and scope.....
shadow in frontlines, and links/scope for suport.....

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Hopefully it'll be on-par graphic and gameplay, not like JA or JA2.
Just as Fallout3 returned so much different than previous two (or three if you include Fallout Tactics).

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Hopefully it'll be on-par graphic and gameplay, not like JA or JA2.Just as Fallout3 returned so much different than previous two (or three if you include Fallout Tactics).[/citation]
Agree - but I'm kinda leaning towards it being somewhat real-time rather than turn-based like the Commandos franchise. It'd be great also if you can change views as well like CoH. Gameplay will change, I know. but it'll make you think on your feet more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.