Show Desktop

Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.

Could someone help me please.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
More about show desktop

    Hi John

    See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
    the page:

    Line 61 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
    > Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
    >
    > Could someone help me please.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John

    Didn't work - it keeps trying to direct the icon to open a file in the
    cookies folder!

    --

    Regards

    John
    > Hi John
    >
    > See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
    > the page:
    >
    > Line 61 - right hand side

    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
    >> Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
    >>
    >> Could someone help me please.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
    tool bar

    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Quick Launch

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Hi John
    >
    > See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
    > the page:
    >
    > Line 61 - right hand side

    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
    >> Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
    >>
    >> Could someone help me please.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the message
    that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.

    I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace it.

    --

    Regards

    John

    >I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
    >tool bar
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John

    >> Hi John
    >>
    >> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
    >> of the page:
    >>
    >> Line 61 - right hand side
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the
    >>> "Show Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
    >>>
    >>> Could someone help me please.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
    If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the message
    that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.

    I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace it.

    --

    Regards

    John

    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
    >tool bar
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John

    >> Hi John
    >>
    >> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
    >> of the page:
    >>
    >> Line 61 - right hand side
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the
    >>> "Show Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
    >>>
    >>> Could someone help me please.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Good Morning.

    I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Quick Launch

    I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
    > If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the
    > message
    > that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.
    >
    > I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace
    > it.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
    >>tool bar
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi John
    >>>
    >>> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
    >>> of the page:
    >>>
    >>> Line 61 - right hand side
    >>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Will Denny
    >>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>>

    >>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message

    >> ---
    >> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    I have been to the Knowledge Base and have followed all the instructions. I
    can create a desktop icon that works - but if I put the icon onto the Quick
    Launch bar it gives the same problem.

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Good Morning.
    >
    > I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    > line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    > to:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >

    > I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
    >> If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Window XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the
    >> message
    >> that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.
    >>
    >> I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace
    >> it.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick
    >>>Launch
    >>>tool bar
    >>>
    >>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >>> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>>

    >>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

    >>> ---
    >>> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    >>>

    >> ---
    >> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Hi John,

    Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    Which folder opens up?

    Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders
    Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    Good Morning.

    I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Quick Launch

    I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

    --

    Regards

    John

    <message truncated>

    This one:

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    > Which folder opens up?
    >
    > Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    > Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Good Morning.
    >
    > I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    > line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    > to:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >

    > I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > <message truncated>

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    It is

    %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    > Which folder opens up?
    >
    > Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    > Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Good Morning.
    >
    > I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    > line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    > to:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >

    > I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > <message truncated>

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data

    Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from

    %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
    Launch
    %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

    If that does not help still, pls export this key

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    It is

    %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    > Which folder opens up?
    >
    > Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    > Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Good Morning.
    >
    > I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    > line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    > to:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >

    > I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

    I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?

    I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
    REG_SZ SHCmdFile

    --

    Regards

    John

    john.plant90@ntlworld.com
    > Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
    >
    > Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
    >
    > %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
    > Launch
    > %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > If that does not help still, pls export this key
    >
    > [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > It is
    >
    > %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    >> Which folder opens up?
    >>
    >> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    >> Shell Folders
    >> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Window XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Good Morning.
    >>
    >> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    >> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    >> to:
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>

    >> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
    Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
    Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)

    BTW, have you reset the AppData values?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?

    I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
    REG_SZ SHCmdFile

    --

    Regards

    John

    john.plant90@ntlworld.com
    > Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
    >
    > Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
    >
    > %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
    > Launch
    > %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > If that does not help still, pls export this key
    >
    > [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > It is
    >
    > %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    >> Which folder opens up?
    >>
    >> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    >> Shell Folders
    >> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Window XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Good Morning.
    >>
    >> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    >> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    >> to:
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>

    >> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Reg Key:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch]
    @="SchedulePlus.Application.7"
    "NoOpen"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch\SchedulePlus.Application.7]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch\SchedulePlus.Application.7\ShellNew]

    I have got it working somehow. However, I note that the Applications Data is
    in the Cookies Folder - can this be right?

    > Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
    > Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
    > Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)
    >
    > BTW, have you reset the AppData values?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?
    >
    > I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
    > REG_SZ SHCmdFile
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > john.plant90@ntlworld.com
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
    >>
    >> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
    >>
    >> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
    >> Launch
    >> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>
    >> If that does not help still, pls export this key
    >>
    >> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Window XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> It is
    >>
    >> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi John,
    >>>
    >>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    >>> Which folder opens up?
    >>>
    >>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >>>
    >>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    >>> Shell Folders
    >>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Window XP Shell/User
    >>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>>

    >>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Good Morning.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    >>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    >>> to:
    >>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >>> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>>

    >>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    This is a copy of my Shell Folders App Data:

    Key Name:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders
    Class Name: <NO CLASS>
    Last Write Time: 28/08/2004 - 12:28
    Value 0
    Name: AppData
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data

    Value 1
    Name: Desktop
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

    Value 2
    Name: Favorites
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

    Value 3
    Name: NetHood
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\NetHood

    Value 4
    Name: Personal
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\John's Documents

    Value 5
    Name: PrintHood
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\PrintHood

    Value 6
    Name: Programs
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs

    Value 7
    Name: SendTo
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\SendTo

    Value 8
    Name: Start Menu
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu

    Value 9
    Name: Startup
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    Value 10
    Name: Templates
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Templates

    Value 11
    Name: Local Settings
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings

    Value 12
    Name: Local AppData
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data

    Value 13
    Name: My Music
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\John's Documents\My Music

    Value 14
    Name: Recent
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Recent

    Value 15
    Name: Cache
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: D:\Web Cache\Temporary Internet Files

    Value 16
    Name: Cookies
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Cookies

    Value 17
    Name: History
    Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\History

    Key Name:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders\New
    Class Name: <NO CLASS>
    Last Write Time: 23/11/2003 - 22:17
    Value 0
    Name: My Pictures
    Type: REG_SZ
    Data: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\John's
    Documents

    --

    Regards

    John

    > Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
    > Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
    > Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)
    >
    > BTW, have you reset the AppData values?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?
    >
    > I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
    > REG_SZ SHCmdFile
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > john.plant90@ntlworld.com
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
    >>
    >> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
    >>
    >> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
    >> Launch
    >> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>
    >> If that does not help still, pls export this key
    >>
    >> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Window XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>

    >> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> It is
    >>
    >> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi John,
    >>>
    >>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
    >>> Which folder opens up?
    >>>
    >>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >>>
    >>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    >>> Shell Folders
    >>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Window XP Shell/User
    >>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>>

    >>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Good Morning.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    >>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    >>> to:
    >>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >>> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>>

    >>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    John,

    I was referring to .SCF, not .SCH

    BTW, C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data
    is the default AppData path. Looks like you've mis-directed it under the
    Cookies folder.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

> [...]

    >>> Shell Folders
    >>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Window XP Shell/User
    >>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >>>

    >>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Good Morning.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
    >>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
    >>> to:
    >>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
    >>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
    >>> Explorer\Quick Launch
    >>>

    >>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Virus Desktops Microsoft Windows XP