john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.

Could someone help me please.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Hi John

See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
the page:

Line 61 - right hand side

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
> Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
>
> Could someone help me please.
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Didn't work - it keeps trying to direct the icon to open a file in the
cookies folder!

--

Regards

John
> Hi John
>
> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
> the page:
>
> Line 61 - right hand side

> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
>> Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
>>
>> Could someone help me please.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
tool bar

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

--

Regards

John

> Hi John
>
> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top of
> the page:
>
> Line 61 - right hand side

> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the "Show
>> Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
>>
>> Could someone help me please.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the message
that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.

I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace it.

--

Regards

John

>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
>tool bar
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John

>> Hi John
>>
>> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
>> of the page:
>>
>> Line 61 - right hand side
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the
>>> "Show Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
>>>
>>> Could someone help me please.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> John
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the message
that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.

I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace it.

--

Regards

John

"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
>tool bar
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John

>> Hi John
>>
>> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
>> of the page:
>>
>> Line 61 - right hand side
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Since installing SP2 I seem to have re-routed the properties of the
>>> "Show Desktop" icon on the bottom toolbar thingy.
>>>
>>> Could someone help me please.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> John
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Good Morning.

I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me to:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

--

Regards

John

> Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
> If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the
> message
> that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.
>
> I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace
> it.
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick Launch
>>tool bar
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi John
>>>
>>> See if the following link helps. Please read the directions at the top
>>> of the page:
>>>
>>> Line 61 - right hand side
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message

>> ---
>> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have been to the Knowledge Base and have followed all the instructions. I
can create a desktop icon that works - but if I put the icon onto the Quick
Launch bar it gives the same problem.

--

Regards

John

> Good Morning.
>
> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
> to:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>

> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL
>> If this does not help, let us know if you're using Zone Alarm?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Window XP Shell/User
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Running the VB Script appears to do something - but I still get the
>> message
>> that Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.
>>
>> I have also tried deleting the icon and running the VB again to replace
>> it.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>>I meant to post this - from the properties of the icon in the Quick
>>>Launch
>>>tool bar
>>>
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

>>> ---
>>> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>>

>> ---
>> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Hi John,

Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
Which folder opens up?

Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
Good Morning.

I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me to:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

--

Regards

John

<message truncated>

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

This one:

> Hi John,
>
> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
> Which folder opens up?
>
> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders
> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Good Morning.
>
> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
> to:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>

> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> <message truncated>

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It is

%userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData

--

Regards

John

> Hi John,
>
> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
> Which folder opens up?
>
> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders
> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Good Morning.
>
> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
> to:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>

> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> <message truncated>

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data

Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from

%USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
Launch
%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

If that does not help still, pls export this key

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

It is

%userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData

--

Regards

John

> Hi John,
>
> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
> Which folder opens up?
>
> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders
> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> Good Morning.
>
> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
> to:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch
>

> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?

I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
REG_SZ SHCmdFile

--

Regards

John

john.plant90@ntlworld.com
> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
>
> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
>
> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
> Launch
> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
>
> If that does not help still, pls export this key
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> It is
>
> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
>> Which folder opens up?
>>
>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
>> Shell Folders
>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Window XP Shell/User
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Good Morning.
>>
>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
>> to:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>

>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)

BTW, have you reset the AppData values?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?

I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
REG_SZ SHCmdFile

--

Regards

John

john.plant90@ntlworld.com
> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
>
> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
>
> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
> Launch
> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
>
> If that does not help still, pls export this key
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> It is
>
> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
>> Which folder opens up?
>>
>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
>> Shell Folders
>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Window XP Shell/User
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Good Morning.
>>
>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
>> to:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>

>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Reg Key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch]
@="SchedulePlus.Application.7"
"NoOpen"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch\SchedulePlus.Application.7]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sch\SchedulePlus.Application.7\ShellNew]

I have got it working somehow. However, I note that the Applications Data is
in the Cookies Folder - can this be right?

> Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
> Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
> Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)
>
> BTW, have you reset the AppData values?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?
>
> I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
> REG_SZ SHCmdFile
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> john.plant90@ntlworld.com
> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
>>
>> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
>>
>> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
>> Launch
>> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
>>
>> If that does not help still, pls export this key
>>
>> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Window XP Shell/User
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> It is
>>
>> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
>>> Which folder opens up?
>>>
>>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
>>> Shell Folders
>>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Window XP Shell/User
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>>

>>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Good Morning.
>>>
>>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
>>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
>>> to:
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>>

>>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

This is a copy of my Shell Folders App Data:

Key Name:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 28/08/2004 - 12:28
Value 0
Name: AppData
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data

Value 1
Name: Desktop
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

Value 2
Name: Favorites
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

Value 3
Name: NetHood
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\NetHood

Value 4
Name: Personal
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\John's Documents

Value 5
Name: PrintHood
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\PrintHood

Value 6
Name: Programs
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs

Value 7
Name: SendTo
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\SendTo

Value 8
Name: Start Menu
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu

Value 9
Name: Startup
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Value 10
Name: Templates
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Templates

Value 11
Name: Local Settings
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings

Value 12
Name: Local AppData
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data

Value 13
Name: My Music
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\John's Documents\My Music

Value 14
Name: Recent
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Recent

Value 15
Name: Cache
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: D:\Web Cache\Temporary Internet Files

Value 16
Name: Cookies
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Cookies

Value 17
Name: History
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\History

Key Name:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders\New
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 23/11/2003 - 22:17
Value 0
Name: My Pictures
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\John's
Documents

--

Regards

John

> Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SHCmdFile
> Right-click the key and choose Export (as REG file)
> Post the REG file contents here. (you can edit it with Notepad)
>
> BTW, have you reset the AppData values?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> I think I am getting out of my depth. What is meant by export this key?
>
> I can't even find it in the registry, I can find .SCF which has an entry -
> REG_SZ SHCmdFile
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> john.plant90@ntlworld.com
> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Change it to : %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
>>
>> Reboot Windows. Later you can move the Quick Launch shortcuts from
>>
>> %USERPROFILE%\Cookies\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
>> Launch
>> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
>>
>> If that does not help still, pls export this key
>>
>> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SCF]
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Window XP Shell/User
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>

>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>> It is
>>
>> %userprofile%\cookies\ApplicationData
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> Type %appdata% in Start/Run.
>>> Which folder opens up?
>>>
>>> Then, open Registry Editor and navigate to:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
>>> Shell Folders
>>> Post the value for AppData (seen in the right-pane)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Window XP Shell/User
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>>>

>>> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Good Morning.
>>>
>>> I have tried typing in the line that was given - against the Run command
>>> line. It seemed to do something successfully but the icon still sends me
>>> to:
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\Application
>>> Data\Microsoft\Internet
>>> Explorer\Quick Launch
>>>

>>> I believe the problem is in the fact it is directing to "Cookies".
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

John,

I was referring to .SCF, not .SCH

BTW, C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data
is the default AppData path. Looks like you've mis-directed it under the
Cookies folder.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User