Downloading SP2 and Antivirus On/Off

When should I turn off the Antivirus on my computer when downloading and
installing SP2 ? When I begin downloading ( I think not ) , or when
Installation begins please . I have had one SP2 installation failure , the
computer would only reboot . Since , I have reinstalled Windows XP Home
Edition .

Turn you anti virus off 'after' you have logged off from the internet and
then begin the install. *Do Not* turn the anti virus off while still
connected to the internet.
Having said that, I installed sp2 without turning the anti virus off and
everything went ok. But, I suppose, to be on the safe side it would be wise
to turn the anti virus off when you come to install sp2. Just remember to
turn it on again afterwards.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert