Diablo in Viper Temple?

I'm wandering around the Viper Temple and go to the second floor.
Suddenly, Armageddon starts raining down and kills my necro. The game
says Diablo killed me. What's going on?
12 answers Last reply
More about diablo viper temple

    ds506@ncf.ca wrote:
    > I'm wandering around the Viper Temple and go to the second floor.
    > Suddenly, Armageddon starts raining down and kills my necro. The game
    > says Diablo killed me. What's going on?

    You ran into the Diablo clone. Had you killed him, he would have
    dropped a VERY nice charm.

    Mickey

    Diane wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108050444.002621.299140
    > @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > ds506@ncf.ca wrote:
    > >> I'm wandering around the Viper Temple and go to the second floor.
    > >> Suddenly, Armageddon starts raining down and kills my necro. The
    game
    > >> says Diablo killed me. What's going on?
    > >
    > > You ran into the Diablo clone. Had you killed him, he would have
    > > dropped a VERY nice charm.
    > >
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > Is this MP or SP? I'm playing SP CE and I've never found a Diablo
    > Clone.
    >

    >From the fact that he saw the clone, it is a certainty that he was
    playing LoD on the realms.

    Mickey

    Diane wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108072464.870542.85350
    > @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > Diane wrote:
    > >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in
    > >> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    The
    > > game

    > >> Is this MP or SP? I'm playing SP CE and I've never found a Diablo
    > >> Clone.
    > >>

    > >>From the fact that he saw the clone, it is a certainty that he was
    > > playing LoD on the realms.
    > >
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > oh, ok, thanks. I just thought I might get a chance at him, hehehe.

    Ye old Clone is a "server only" feature, just like some of the rune
    words are.

    Mickey

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108050444.002621.299140
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > ds506@ncf.ca wrote:
    >> I'm wandering around the Viper Temple and go to the second floor.
    >> Suddenly, Armageddon starts raining down and kills my necro. The game
    >> says Diablo killed me. What's going on?
    >
    > You ran into the Diablo clone. Had you killed him, he would have
    > dropped a VERY nice charm.
    >
    > Mickey

    Is this MP or SP? I'm playing SP CE and I've never found a Diablo
    Clone.

    Diane

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:55:11 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >oh, ok, thanks. I just thought I might get a chance at him, hehehe.
    >
    >Diane

    Keep going in CE and you will. Apparently he can even show up in
    Normal, whereas on the Realms he only shows up in Hell (right? Please
    correct me if I'm wrong, I think I've seen him *once*).

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:55:11 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>oh, ok, thanks. I just thought I might get a chance at him, hehehe.
    >>
    >>Diane
    >
    > Keep going in CE and you will. Apparently he can even show up in
    > Normal, whereas on the Realms he only shows up in Hell (right? Please
    > correct me if I'm wrong, I think I've seen him *once*).
    >
    > ald

    I'm having so much fun in CE with my skellymancer. Talk about having an
    army around you, lol. I'm currently looking for Flayer Jungle. For
    some reason, I always have trouble finding that place. I've done the
    Spider Cavern and the Arachnoid Lair, and I've been to the March,
    although I didn't find the WP and I might live to regret that, but
    somewhere around here is Flayer. Also, I haven't found my stash yet in
    Act III, but it's simple enough to go back to Act II. Oh and don't
    worry about having enough ID scrolls, I've never seen so many. There is
    ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE WAY you could possibly ever run out OR need Cain.

    So, off I go back to find Flayer.

    Diane

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:07:03 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >I'm having so much fun in CE with my skellymancer. Talk about having an
    >army around you, lol. I'm currently looking for Flayer Jungle. For
    >some reason, I always have trouble finding that place. I've done the
    >Spider Cavern and the Arachnoid Lair, and I've been to the March,
    >although I didn't find the WP and I might live to regret that, but
    >somewhere around here is Flayer.

    I *hate* the jungles of Act 3. I had a funny experience with the
    Spider Forest in regular LoD in NM with my Bowazon in her last couple
    of games. Next to last game, I started out as usual following the left
    wall, and *very* quickly found myself in the Flayer Jungle. Great, but
    not what she wanted, the objective was to find the Spider WP and
    possibly the Spider Cavern. So she headed back to where she'd exited
    the Forest and followed the left hand wall from the opposite side (so
    she was continuing to explore it), and traveled the whole length of
    the Forest until she came to the Marsh. Again, she followed the other
    wall, and found herself back at the Docks. Ok, strange, *that*
    certainly had never happened before, but by searching around the
    middle she finally found the WP and quit out for that game. The last
    game she searched the middle again, looking for the Spider Cavern, but
    it was *nowhere* to be found. I searched the entire Forest before
    giving up and starting a Normal game with her (to reset her map). So
    next game she gets the joy of exploring the whole Forest again. Shame,
    too, because my usual problem is the same as yours, finding the Flayer
    Jungle, and it was right *there* :-(

    >Also, I haven't found my stash yet in
    >Act III, but it's simple enough to go back to Act II. Oh and don't
    >worry about having enough ID scrolls, I've never seen so many. There is
    >ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE WAY you could possibly ever run out OR need Cain.
    >
    >So, off I go back to find Flayer.
    >
    >Diane

    So there's your use for all of those Tomes, so the scrolls take up as
    little space as possible ;-)

    Diane wrote:
    > howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:21:35 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > > me too. I usually try to blast straight thru, in one sitting, to at
    > > least the waypoint in the Flayer jungle. The great marsh is just a
    > > chore.
    > >

    > What is it that you hate? Those little brats with their spit darts?

    > The thousands of undead that appear out of nowhere? The flying
    birds,
    > buzzing bees, giant apes? What's to hate? (Very sarcastic this
    > morning, sorry)

    I love the jungles. Best place on earth to level mercs. Just join a
    Baal run and run through the flayer jungle. Don't kill anything, just
    run like hell and activate every monster with 8 players in the game.
    Then you can merrily take your time and kill them off, or let merc do
    it if he can.

    Mickey

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > I *hate* the jungles of Act 3. I had a funny experience with the
    > Spider Forest in regular LoD in NM with my Bowazon in her last couple
    > of games. Next to last game, I started out as usual following the left
    > wall, and *very* quickly found myself in the Flayer Jungle. Great, but
    > not what she wanted, the objective was to find the Spider WP and
    > possibly the Spider Cavern. So she headed back to where she'd exited
    > the Forest and followed the left hand wall from the opposite side (so
    > she was continuing to explore it), and traveled the whole length of
    > the Forest until she came to the Marsh. Again, she followed the other
    > wall, and found herself back at the Docks. Ok, strange, *that*
    > certainly had never happened before, but by searching around the
    > middle she finally found the WP and quit out for that game. The last
    > game she searched the middle again, looking for the Spider Cavern, but
    > it was *nowhere* to be found. I searched the entire Forest before
    > giving up and starting a Normal game with her (to reset her map). So
    > next game she gets the joy of exploring the whole Forest again. Shame,
    > too, because my usual problem is the same as yours, finding the Flayer
    > Jungle, and it was right *there* :-(

    Well, if you already hate the jungle for those reasons, you'll hate them
    even more when you get there b/c there are soooooooooo many monsters of
    all kinds. Those horky spawns are there, flying birds, of course the
    big apes that I just love, bats, and these undead guys that just crop up
    by the dozens outta nowhere. Although, it also depends on what
    creatures you happen to draw because last night before I accidentally
    saved my gave and restarted, I had a whole different set of characters
    than when I went back in. But eventually you'll come across them all,
    at least in the Spider Forest and Flayer Jungle. I did finally find
    Flayer. I'm tempted to go into the Pit today. I don't usually bother
    with that one since it's not a necessity, but I may give it a try. Oh,
    and funny thing. Once I found Flayer, I couldn't remember why I was
    there. THAT too much resembles my REAL life, lol. I just couldn't find
    the dungeon anywhere and believe me, I looked.

    I've been saving the tomes in my shared stash. I have about 6 or 7 of
    each. I still pick up scrolls, but not every one that I see anymore
    b/c, well you'll see when you get there. It's scroll heaven.

    Diane

    wrote:

    >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >

    >> I *hate* the jungles of Act 3.

    me too. I usually try to blast straight thru, in one sitting, to at
    least the waypoint in the Flayer jungle. The great marsh is just a
    chore.

    howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:21:35 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >>

    >>> I *hate* the jungles of Act 3.
    >
    > me too. I usually try to blast straight thru, in one sitting, to at
    > least the waypoint in the Flayer jungle. The great marsh is just a
    > chore.

    What is it that you hate? Those little brats with their spit darts?
    The thousands of undead that appear out of nowhere? The flying birds,
    buzzing bees, giant apes? What's to hate? (Very sarcastic this
    morning, sorry)

    Diane

Games Diablo Viper Video Games