task bar lower right corner

For the life of me I cannot figureout how to permanently delete items from
the taskbar at the very bottom right corner of the screen. I believe it is
application taskbar.

Sorry if I am so dumb..
Thank you,

"diamondgirl" <diamondgirl@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:D1A29ED0-DE67-4B5F-9C2E-B1D251FCBE56@microsoft.com:
> For the life of me I cannot figureout how to permanently delete items
> from the taskbar at the very bottom right corner of the screen. I
> believe it is application taskbar.
>
> Sorry if I am so dumb..
> Thank you,

Sounds like you are asking about the system notification area, also
called the system tray, where tray icons get displayed for some
applications. Don't load the application if you don't want its icon
there. Or check if the application has an option to not display a tray
icon. Or right-click on the taskbar and configure its properties as to
which icons are always shown, which are always hidden, and which are
hidden when not active (in which case you are not eliminating the tray
icon but am simply hiding it from being displayed all the time). There
are also some tray icon managers that will collate several of the tray
icons under one tray icon that has a roll-up menu to show those tray
icons that it manages. PC Magazine has its TrayManager2 but I don't
think it works under Windows XP (it did under Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000),
but there might be other such utilities found in a Google search for
them.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007