Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Well I just put together my first PC:
Asus A7V333(New)
MSI G4Ti4200 128 MB(New)
Kingston 512 MB DDR333(New)
AMD Athlon XP 2200+(New)
Quantum Bigfoot 12.7GB(Old)

It wont boot at all, the LED on the mobo shows that there is power, but when i push the power button on the case nothing happens. I checked all the connections and all of them seem to be put together correctly. I dont have a clue as to why this is happening. If it isnt the connections what else could it be?

Yes I have read the FAQ, that isnt the problem<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dmb_fan on 10/27/02 07:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dmb_fan

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
I took apart everything and put it back together assuring that each and every part was connected properly. Do i have to mess with the jumpers on the mobo?

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
Are the fans for the cpu,and case operating? Is the fan for the power supply operating? Do you have any documentation for your motherboard?....

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

Make sure the power switch lead isn't backwards. Also, be sure the cmos jumper is in the normal position. Finally, check the cables again; the blue end has to be connected to the board; I prefer master-slave positions instead of cable select.

dmb_fan

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
I got it to boot succesfully however i cant load the software because it wont give me my cd-rom as an option, the cd-rom shows up in the bios.

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
What operating system have you got to put on it?

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>

Do you have a Win 98 boot disk? It's great as a help in getting started, irrespective of the actual OS you'll be using.

If you don't have one, try to get one from a friend.

:eek: Wingding - Santa's nightmarish alter ego :eek:

It's worth it. It'll let you do all the partitioning and formating, and has CD-ROM drivers too. The real aim is to get you up and running with the CD installation of your new OS. After that it should be straightforward enough.

:eek: Wingding - Santa's nightmarish alter ego :eek:

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
If you have access to a computer running win98 and a spare floppy disk, you can easily make your own boot disk.

Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Startup Disk (in a tab in top right), Create disk.

When you have it, insert it in your pc, switch on. Enter the bios by pressing whichever key (normally F2, Del or Esc). Check that the boot sequence is set to Floppy first, then save and exit.

Once your pc boots up off the floppy you can sort out your hard drive in order to install your OS.

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>