Destop Background

G

Hey there, recently I changed my destop background to a special jpeg image that I have. My prvious background was the "Earth.bmp". My question is this, whenever I boot up my system the "Earth" image appears during start up and then my jpeg finally appears,when I went to sysedit and changed the info in the INI window it appears to have saved my new settings, but when I shutdown the last thing I see is the "earth" image and then when I reboot it's the same thing all over again. Am I doing something incorrectly when I alter the .INI window. THis is not a serious problem, but I guess I'm a little obsessive about things! thanks

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What OS are you using? Why are you using sysedit to change your background?
Right click on any blank area on your desktop and select properties. Under Background, set the Pattern and Wallpaper to (none) and click ok. Restart and see if the old image shows up.
Again, right click on any blank area on your desktop and select properties. Under background, click browse under the wallpaper window and find the jpeg file you want to use and select it.
Hope this helps.

<i>Its not fun AFTER you have fragged everyone.</i> :cool: James

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Not entirely sure what the prob is.

From what you said, you've changed the background pic, not the startup or shutdown pic.

Why are you surprised that they are still there?

G

to be honest, i didn't know that Windows had a startup and shutdown pic. I know now. Anyhow I used the previous suggestion and I am satisfied. As for why I was messing with the .INI in sysedit, well I changed what I knew how on the desktop and when it didn't do what I thought it should do, I just thought I would do some investigating. Just curious. well thanks for the tips. luces