Norton conflict?

August 28, 2004 1:19:50 AM

I have a new laptop with XP home. I downloaded Norton Antivirus from a work
website. A couple of days later the computer started up fine but I could not
open any files or access the start menu. Restarted several times, and
figured I should boot up in safe mode. Did a restore back to the day before
I installed Norton AV and wallah! problem solved. My sister had a similar
problem on her desktop PC. Anyone else?

More about : norton conflict

September 1, 2004 11:33:03 AM

I had a similar problem when my new pc came with NAV preinstalled. It refused
to work properly with AOL Broadband, and eventually I had to uninstall it and
get another AV program which now works fine.

!