indeo codec needed?

I have just moved to a new computer, both were windows xp pro. On the new
computer when I try to run a game it tells me I need to obtain an indeo
codec for windows xp. When i go to the indeo site I am asked for $14 for
this. Yet on my old computer the game ran without telling me I needed a
codec.

My assumption is that either my new windows install hasn't loaded this codec
and should have done (in which case how can i?) or my graphics card drivers
haven't loaded it.

Cheers for any help

Roger
2 answers Last reply
More about indeo codec needed

    See if this helps.....

    http://www.updatexp.com/codec-for-windows-media-player-9.html

    "Roger Neilson" wrote:

    > I have just moved to a new computer, both were windows xp pro. On the new
    > computer when I try to run a game it tells me I need to obtain an indeo
    > codec for windows xp. When i go to the indeo site I am asked for $14 for
    > this. Yet on my old computer the game ran without telling me I needed a
    > codec.
    >
    > My assumption is that either my new windows install hasn't loaded this codec
    > and should have done (in which case how can i?) or my graphics card drivers
    > haven't loaded it.
    >
    > Cheers for any help
    >
    > Roger

    Hi Roger,

    The contract expired, so the codec is no longer included. Indeo has assumed
    that they will make more money charging each client themselves.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Roger Neilson" <didactylos@bignospamfoot.com> wrote in message
    >I have just moved to a new computer, both were windows xp pro. On the new
    > computer when I try to run a game it tells me I need to obtain an indeo
    > codec for windows xp. When i go to the indeo site I am asked for $14 for
    > this. Yet on my old computer the game ran without telling me I needed a
    > codec.
    >
    > My assumption is that either my new windows install hasn't loaded this
    > codec
    > and should have done (in which case how can i?) or my graphics card
    > drivers
    > haven't loaded it.
    >
    > Cheers for any help
    >
    > Roger