product licence number

can anyone tell me how i can find my product licence
number.
3 answers Last reply
More about product licence number

    If your computer is still operational:

    Retrieve your Windows XP CD key
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKeyXP.htm

    [Courtesy of Michael Stevens, MS-MVP]

    If your computer is not operational:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "carlos" wrote:

    | can anyone tell me how i can find my product licence
    | number.

    Greetings --

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
    that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
    installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
    affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

    To recover a lost Product Key:

    If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
    Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
    Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
    haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
    of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
    Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
    be -- used for a re-installation.)

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
    manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
    the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy
    a new license.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    wrote in news:1c9e01c48d0d$a9f9fb00$a601280a@phx.gbl:
    > can anyone tell me how i can find my product licence
    > number.

    It is a sticker on the wallet, case, or sleeve in which came the install
    CD. Or it is a sticker on your computer for an OEM version of Windows.

Microsoft Windows XP