If your computer is not operational:

;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"carlos" wrote:

| can anyone tell me how i can find my product licence
| number.

Greetings --

The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

To recover a lost Product Key:

If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
be -- used for a re-installation.)

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy
a new license.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

wrote in news:1c9e01c48d0d$a9f9fb00$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> can anyone tell me how i can find my product licence
> number.

It is a sticker on the wallet, case, or sleeve in which came the install
CD. Or it is a sticker on your computer for an OEM version of Windows.