Two monitors setting

This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but my radeon 9600 card allows for two
monitors and there are two monitors listed, though only one connected.
Display for most programmes is fine, but when I try to play some games the
screen resolution is blown up and only half the screen is showing - tho
other half looks like it could perhaps be on another monitor?

Is this possible, and if so, how do i get it to a single monitor for now -
eventually i will put two monitors on, but not just now.

Thanks

Roger

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Check your Display > Advanced > Monitors and turn off the second monitor.

"Roger Neilson" <didactylos@bignospamfoot.com> wrote in message
> This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but my radeon 9600 card allows for
> two
> monitors and there are two monitors listed, though only one connected.
> Display for most programmes is fine, but when I try to play some games the
> screen resolution is blown up and only half the screen is showing - tho
> other half looks like it could perhaps be on another monitor?
>
> Is this possible, and if so, how do i get it to a single monitor for now -
> eventually i will put two monitors on, but not just now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roger

I have uninstalled the second monitor, now only the one monitor shows on the
computer hardware but still the games are running wrongly.