trouble in system 32

August 29, 2004 2:39:04 AM

when trying to install software i am getting an error message saying that the
nt system cannot install programs in dos or windows. window title says error:
subsystem16 and in the box is c:\windows\system32\ntautoexe. need some
ideas,i ran out.
--
wjh420

More about : trouble system

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 8:34:00 PM

Hi wjh420,

Copy the autoexec.nt file from C:\Windows\repair folder to
C:\Window\System32 folder and see if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"wjh420" <wjh420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D BF253CE-73A4-4D40-985C-42B9782A7C14@microsoft.com...
> when trying to install software i am getting an error message saying that
the
> nt system cannot install programs in dos or windows. window title says
error:
> subsystem16 and in the box is c:\windows\system32\ntautoexe. need some
> ideas,i ran out.
> --
> wjh420
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 12:05:02 AM

The only way I found to fix this problem is to delete the folder in your
\program files directory called Windupdate not Winupdate. There is a file in
there called Windupdate.exe that deletes your Autoexec.nt file after every
reboot! Remove all registry enities called Windupdate. Expand your
Autoexec.nt file from your CD back to your \system32 folder and all will be
fixed!

Ron

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi wjh420,
>
> Copy the autoexec.nt file from C:\Windows\repair folder to
> C:\Window\System32 folder and see if that resolves the problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "wjh420" <wjh420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D BF253CE-73A4-4D40-985C-42B9782A7C14@microsoft.com...
> > when trying to install software i am getting an error message saying that
> the
> > nt system cannot install programs in dos or windows. window title says
> error:
> > subsystem16 and in the box is c:\windows\system32\ntautoexe. need some
> > ideas,i ran out.
> > --
> > wjh420

September 7, 2004 9:43:10 AM

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message news:<OnPx$dgjEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Hi wjh420,
>
> Copy the autoexec.nt file from C:\Windows\repair folder to
> C:\Window\System32 folder and see if that resolves the problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "wjh420" <wjh420@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D BF253CE-73A4-4D40-985C-42B9782A7C14@microsoft.com...
> > when trying to install software i am getting an error message saying that
> the
> > nt system cannot install programs in dos or windows. window title says
> error:
> > subsystem16 and in the box is c:\windows\system32\ntautoexe. need some
> > ideas,i ran out.
> > --
> > wjh420

After copy set it to READONLY so it wont be deleted again!! this is
just a workaround untill you find out why this is happening!
!