cannot save web page to specified locattion

I seem completelky helpless to find information on this error message:

cannot save web page to specified location

I wan tot save a web page of messages from a Yahoo Group. I tried two
different groups. Same message both times. Come to think of it, I do
this so rarely that I believe since I got my new computer this past
February, my first venture into Windows XP (SP 1, not 2), I have never
been able to save a web page (to a specified location; nor, for that
matter, to an unspecified one, either (no "Save" is available on the
menu).

I can't find anywhere on Help and Support nor Knowledge Base anything
that describes how to save a complete web page, or a web Archive
either, to a specified location.

I don't know if this is some configuration problem in my IE 6 (I'm
fully up to date in Windows Update), or in XP, or what.

Also, I notice reference to "make available offline," and I'd like to
do this with these web pages, but I can't find the check-box to "make
available offline."

I'm totally disoriented, and obviously completely incapable of
locating any information on this. Oh, well, I never was a computer
person anyway. I only want my computer to do what I want it to, but I
don't speak its language <g>.

Can anybody help me? I'd probably need very specific pointers.

Thanks in advance (tore my hair out; come back here, hair!)

Almali del Benian
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot save page locattion

    Replying to myself, because I solved my problem. No question; I was
    totally disoriented.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:15:47 -0700, Almali del Benian
    <adbenian@islandnet.com> wrote:

    >I seem completelky helpless to find information on this error message:
    >
    >cannot save web page to specified location

    I couldn't find any explanation this error message. Microsoft and I
    live on different planets.

    But then I rememered my partner-good-buddy swearing at me because I
    had no idea what a web page is, nor how it differs from some file I
    want to save, or put in my Favorites.

    So I tried an experiment, and it worked.

    Instead of trying to save as a web page, I selected to save as a
    different File Type (.html or .htm).

    Presto, I was able to save the file to the specified location <groan!>

    <skipping>

    >Thanks in advance (tore my hair out; come back here, hair!)

    And I still have no idea what a web page is or isn't.

    Glueing my hair back on.

    Almali del Benian

Windows XP