DVD player won't play last 2 to 3 minutes of some DVD's

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
May 26, 2004 7:47:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Hello,

My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4
minutes and then the picture freezes while the player continues to turn and
the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows Media Player 9,
Windows XP, 2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is clean and this behavior
doesn't happen with all movies. Other than this the player has no problem
reading CD's or DVD's, just the playing of the last few minutes of some
DVD's is a problem.

Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_H...

The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311

Thanks, Steve.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 27, 2004 6:18:50 AM

"Steve" <abc@123.com> wrote in message news:<u_2tc.73192$tp3.31641@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> Hello,
>
> My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4
> minutes and then the picture freezes while the player continues to turn and
> the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows Media Player 9,
> Windows XP, 2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is clean and this behavior
> doesn't happen with all movies. Other than this the player has no problem
> reading CD's or DVD's, just the playing of the last few minutes of some
> DVD's is a problem.
>
> Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:
> http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_H...
>
> The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311
>
> Thanks, Steve.

Is this a backup copy of your movie or the original? If its a backup
and a very long movie some DVD players have trouble at the very end of
DVD's.You may want to look in on http://Digital-digest.com/index.php?
alot of good information on everything to do will dvd's I mean
everything to include your brand of burner.
!