Where to get linux cd's

G

I'm on dial up and need to find a good place to get linux cd's. Has anyone delt with <A HREF="http://www.linuxcd.org/?ref=distrowatch" target="_new">LinuxCd.org</A>? Opinions and comments on them, or another site please. I would like to get Suse 9.1.

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
distrowatch.com has links to various vendors who offer CD's for 3 bucks a pop or less

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

G

Distrowatch is where I got the link above. However it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I've looked at Suse's web site and can't find anything but the retail box versions. Wich, BTW, I wouldn't mind paying for, if I knew I'd like it. I could get the personal edition for around $30, but from the reviews I've read, it's pretty limited in functionality. I'm really just beginning to learn linux and I don't want to be limited by the capabilities of the O/S.

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
It's probably not as limited as your think. The personal 9.1 version has probably got 90% of the desktop apps you'll want. If you need the extra stuff, I'd imagine that you can add the developer and server packages from the SuSE FTP site easily enough. OTOH, $89.95 for the professional version isn't too bad to have a very full suite of apps, including servers and compilers etc. If you have the bandwidth and are feeling brave, you can install via their FTP servers too.

<i>Knock Knock, Neo</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by poorboy on 05/21/04 02:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

That's my problem. I'm on a dial up conection. And a poor one at that. I can get the cd's in the mail faster than I can download. Sad isn't it. The local phone company is promising to have DSL in this area by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath. They've been saying that for three years already.