A7V333 & Memory Probelm

hanner80

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Please help. It would be greatly appreciated!

I have an A7V333 w/RAID, AthlonXP 2000+ and 256MB of PC2700 ram. I just got another stick of 256MB PC2700 ram and stuck it in slot 2. WHen I restart, the computer either hangs and won't POST, it goes strait to CMOS and says that the CPU frequency is incorrect (when it isn't) or actually starts up and then says that Windows is corrupt and to reinstall. But when I restart, it just hangs and doesn't do any thing but got to a blank screen.

When I remove the new DDRRAM, all is well and the computer works perfectly. I have tried removing my old ram and putting the new in alone and even trading the slots between the two sticks, but nothing works. It is CORSAIR memory, so it should work.

Any insight?

Thanks!

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I know this may sound extremely obvious, but I have a feeling you have bad memory. If you have tried this memory by itself in the system and it still doesn't work, I think you're probably the proud owner of some faulty ram. If possible, try this memory in another system and see if it works, if you don't have that option, I would consider RMA'ing it to whomever you bought it from.