tkpb938

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
This is just my opinion guys so try not to take it personally, but I don't think crysis (or any other current video game) is next-gen. Why you ask? Well, for one thing graphics don't make the game. Period. Sure, it helps make it more flashy, but does it make it funner? I dont think so. I've been a gamer for a long time, and I remember back in the day playing games such as starfox and mario party on n64. Those were classic. I've never had more fun playing a video game. But now we're all so desensitized, that deep down,these so-called next gen games really aren't as amazing to us as we let on.

Also, does crysis actually stray to far from the fps formula? Not really. Kill, reload, shoot, use special power, complete objective etc. etc. I'm not saying that it isn't an extremely high quality game, but there isn't a huge amount of innovation. I want to see more game companies taking risks, raising the bar in innovation, and trying new things. For instance, when the command and conquer series came out, the game was an instant hit. It changed the way we looked at gaming, yet it also did something bad. It spawned a 10 year long wave of clone-like rts games. The same thing happened with fps games and rpg's. My guess is that the next truly innovative thing to happen to gaming will involve our interface with the game.

In all fairness though, I haven't actually played Crysis, so maybe theres something to it that I cant experience from just watching the trailers.

If you guys have a different opinion, please don't scream it at me just because you adore crysis. Thanks.
-TK

itotallybelieveyou

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Yes, thank you so much... I have played the Crysis Demo. It's not much different from any Current gen FPS. They simply added an ability for trees to be shot down but the shot down trees can land on top of a car and the car will do nothing. But I think as comsumers we shouldn't be demanding too much of out of the game makers. They work hard on their games and try to make them look appealing. Example Bioshock everything is interactive but everything seems to be strands put together rather then a natural reaction of what would happen. Another thing we need to stop the idea of hitpoints... We to start getting into the idea of if you get shot in the leg you LIMP.