Can I block a caller?

Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

--
Mike Moore
Computer Services Technician

    Mike M wrote:
    > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
    > me for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

    No. How about, don't answer?

    -Quick

    "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in message
    | Mike M wrote:
    | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    calls
    | > me for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    |
    | No. How about, don't answer?
    |
    | -Quick

    Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
    ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.

    In article <10an2tsp8ek2308@corp.supernews.com>, Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com
    says...

    >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

    Use your caller id and then ignore the call.
    --------------
    Alex

    "Alex Rodriguez" <adr5@columbia.edu> wrote in message
    | In article <10an2tsp8ek2308@corp.supernews.com>,
    Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com
    | says...
    | >

    | >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
    me
    | >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    |
    | Use your caller id and then ignore the call.
    | --------------
    | Alex

    Same as above.
    Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
    ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.

    Thanks both for answering.

    Best way to block your boss is to get caller ID, and when you see his
    number, don't answer :-)

    "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Moore
    > Computer Services Technician
    > Snow Summit Mt. Resort
    > Office (909) 866-5766 Ext.270
    > mikemoore@ www.snowsummit.com
    > Contact info not for share, rent or distribution.

    Well he is not my boss but was my boss many years ago when I was a
    painter. But somewhat perceptive of you.

    "John Poutre" <jfp14news@cox.net> wrote in message
    | Best way to block your boss is to get caller ID, and when you see his
    | number, don't answer :-)
    |
    | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    calls me
    | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Mike Moore
    | > Computer Services Technician
    | > Snow Summit Mt. Resort
    | > Office (909) 866-5766 Ext.270
    | > mikemoore@ www.snowsummit.com
    | > Contact info not for share, rent or distribution.

    "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

    Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit card
    info.

    --

    Rob
    Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

    "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    calls me
    | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    | >

    | Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
    card
    | info.
    |
    | --
    |
    | Rob
    | Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
    | A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"

    Actually I was thinking about that.

    Mike M wrote:
    > Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
    > ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.

    I have a ringtone that is complete silence (for the same reason :-)

    Email me if you want it.

    Roger

    > "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    > | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    > calls me
    > | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    > | >

    > | Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
    > card
    > | info.
    > |
    > | --
    > |
    > | Rob
    > | Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
    > | A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
    > |

    > Actually I was thinking about that.

    Been there done that. It works...
    --

    Rob
    Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
    A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"

    Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:
    > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

    Nokia phones can block individual callers based on incoming Caller ID, but
    can't block calls where Caller ID is unavailable or blocked, and I have no
    idea about LG phones.

    I'm just down the road from you. Should I go to the guy's house and start
    asking him stupid questions about his profession? ;)

    Robert R Kircher, Jr. <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    >> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    >> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    >> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    >
    > Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit card
    > info.

    Tell him you have a friend in Apple Valley who does computer-related stuff
    for $95 per hour - which is true (and that's my going rate :)

    He'll also have to pay me for travel time between Apple Valley and Big Bear,
    or wherever he happens to be.

    You get paid commission on any business I get from you...

    No, I am absolutely *not* kidding.

    Give him my toll-free number too - it's listed below in my signature.

    You could refer him to Experts Exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com)
    but I would stick with the charging idea since he trusts your judgement.

    Cary S. Hedges

    "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message

    > "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    > | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    > calls me
    > | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    > | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    > | >

    > | Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
    > card
    > | info.
    > |
    > | --
    > |
    > | Rob
    > | Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
    > | A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
    > |

    > Actually I was thinking about that.

    Hey, you never know, I get calls now and then from former clients, tell them
    it costs for phone support, and either have them hang up or send checks.

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    | Robert R Kircher, Jr. <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:
    | > "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
    | >> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    calls me
    | >> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | >> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    | >
    | > Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his
    credit card
    | > info.
    |
    | Tell him you have a friend in Apple Valley who does computer-related
    stuff
    | for $95 per hour - which is true (and that's my going rate :)
    |
    | He'll also have to pay me for travel time between Apple Valley and Big
    Bear,
    | or wherever he happens to be.
    |
    | You get paid commission on any business I get from you...
    |
    | No, I am absolutely *not* kidding.
    |
    | Give him my toll-free number too - it's listed below in my signature.
    |
    | --
    | JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
    0xE3AE35ED
    | Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    sjsobol@JustThe.net
    | Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    | "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
    out and buy
    | slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
    98/2000/2003

    Printed it out and will staple it to his forehead next time I see him!
    Just getting him to stop calling me is payment enough no need for the
    commission.

    Last call he says He is ghosting his system to a CD, and needs to know
    how to add USB support to the Image, because last time he didn't add it
    while ghosting he lost all use of his USB devices.
    I have never heard of such a lame statement. I use Ghost all the time
    and it has never caused me to lose device function on anything.
    Sheesh!

    | Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:
    | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
    calls me
    | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    |
    | Nokia phones can block individual callers based on incoming Caller ID,
    but
    | can't block calls where Caller ID is unavailable or blocked, and I
    have no
    | idea about LG phones.
    |
    | I'm just down the road from you. Should I go to the guy's house and
    start
    | asking him stupid questions about his profession? ;)
    |
    | --
    | JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
    0xE3AE35ED
    | Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    sjsobol@JustThe.net
    | Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    | "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
    out and buy
    | slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
    98/2000/2003

    Ask him how to paint things then tell him you knew that already but it
    didn't work for you.

    Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:

    > Ask him how to paint things then tell him you knew that already but it
    > didn't work for you.

    "I got Sherwin-Williams Royal Blue and put it on my monitor - now I have
    a Blue Screen of Death!"

    :)

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:28:51 -0700, "Mike M"
    <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote:

    >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
    >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

    Take it from experience. Just tell the guy you will have to start
    billing him your hourly rate for the calls, 1 hour minimum charge per
    call. That usually puts an end to those types of calls.

    Also, Motorola phones allow you to atomatically send all calls to voicemail
    that are not from callers in your phonebook.

    "The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
    | On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:28:51 -0700, "Mike M"
    | <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote:
    |
    | >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
    me
    | >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
    | >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
    |
    | Take it from experience. Just tell the guy you will have to start
    | billing him your hourly rate for the calls, 1 hour minimum charge per
    | call. That usually puts an end to those types of calls.

    Sad but true, I will have to go this route.
  21. *** ing *****

Verizon Internet Service Providers