  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 1:28:51 PM

Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

--
Mike Moore
Computer Services Technician

More about : block caller

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 1:54:58 PM

Mike M wrote:
> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
> me for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

No. How about, don't answer?

-Quick
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 2:12:14 PM

"Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in message
| Mike M wrote:
| > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
calls
| > me for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
|
| No. How about, don't answer?
|
| -Quick

Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.
May 19, 2004 5:10:36 PM

In article <10an2tsp8ek2308@corp.supernews.com>, Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com
says...

>Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
>for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
>So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

Use your caller id and then ignore the call.
--------------
Alex
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:10:37 PM

"Alex Rodriguez" <adr5@columbia.edu> wrote in message
| In article <10an2tsp8ek2308@corp.supernews.com>,
Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com
| says...
| >

| >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
me
| >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
|
| Use your caller id and then ignore the call.
| --------------
| Alex

Same as above.
Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.

Thanks both for answering.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:16:03 PM

Best way to block your boss is to get caller ID, and when you see his
number, don't answer :-)

"Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
>
> --
> Mike Moore
> Computer Services Technician
> Snow Summit Mt. Resort
> Office (909) 866-5766 Ext.270
> mikemoore@ www.snowsummit.com
> Contact info not for share, rent or distribution.

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:16:04 PM

Well he is not my boss but was my boss many years ago when I was a
painter. But somewhat perceptive of you.

"John Poutre" <jfp14news@cox.net> wrote in message
| Best way to block your boss is to get caller ID, and when you see his
| number, don't answer :-)
|
| "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
| > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
calls me
| > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
| >
| > --
| > Mike Moore
| > Computer Services Technician
| > Snow Summit Mt. Resort
| > Office (909) 866-5766 Ext.270
| > mikemoore@ www.snowsummit.com
| > Contact info not for share, rent or distribution.

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 6:20:10 PM

"Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit card
info.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
| > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
calls me
| > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
| >

| Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
card
| info.
|
| --
|
| Rob
| Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
| A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"

Actually I was thinking about that.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 6:23:19 PM

Mike M wrote:
> Well I already started doing that, but wanted not to have to hear him
> ringing. I will assign a custom quiet ring to his number.

I have a ringtone that is complete silence (for the same reason :-)

Email me if you want it.

Roger
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:36:30 PM

> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> |
> | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
> | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
> calls me
> | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
> | >

> | Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
> card
> | info.
> |
> | --
> |
> | Rob
> | Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
> | A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
> |

> Actually I was thinking about that.

Been there done that. It works...
--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 10:43:53 PM

Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:
> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

Nokia phones can block individual callers based on incoming Caller ID, but
can't block calls where Caller ID is unavailable or blocked, and I have no
idea about LG phones.

I'm just down the road from you. Should I go to the guy's house and start
asking him stupid questions about his profession? ;)

May 19, 2004 10:46:55 PM

Robert R Kircher, Jr. <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
>> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
>> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
>> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
>
> Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit card
> info.

Tell him you have a friend in Apple Valley who does computer-related stuff
for $95 per hour - which is true (and that's my going rate :)

He'll also have to pay me for travel time between Apple Valley and Big Bear,
or wherever he happens to be.

You get paid commission on any business I get from you...

No, I am absolutely *not* kidding.

Give him my toll-free number too - it's listed below in my signature.

May 20, 2004 12:24:37 AM

You could refer him to Experts Exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com)
but I would stick with the charging idea since he trusts your judgement.

Cary S. Hedges

"Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message

> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> |
> | "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
> | > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
> calls me
> | > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> | > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
> | >

> | Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his credit
> card
> | info.
> |
> | --
> |
> | Rob
> | Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
> | A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
> |

> Actually I was thinking about that.

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 12:24:38 AM

Hey, you never know, I get calls now and then from former clients, tell them
it costs for phone support, and either have them hang up or send checks.

"Cary S. Hedges" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> You could refer him to Experts Exchange
> (http://www.experts-exchange.com) but I would stick with the charging
> idea since he trusts your judgement.
>
> Cary S. Hedges
>
> "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his
>>> credit card info.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Rob
>>> Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
>>> A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
>>>

>> Actually I was thinking about that.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 3:10:08 PM

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
| Robert R Kircher, Jr. <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:
| > "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
| >> Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
calls me
| >> for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| >> So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
| >
| > Tell him you charge $150 per incident and have him give you his
credit card
| > info.
|
| Tell him you have a friend in Apple Valley who does computer-related
stuff
| for $95 per hour - which is true (and that's my going rate :)
|
| He'll also have to pay me for travel time between Apple Valley and Big
Bear,
| or wherever he happens to be.
|
| You get paid commission on any business I get from you...
|
| No, I am absolutely *not* kidding.
|
| Give him my toll-free number too - it's listed below in my signature.
|
| --
| JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
sjsobol@JustThe.net
| Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
| "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
out and buy
| slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003

Printed it out and will staple it to his forehead next time I see him!
Just getting him to stop calling me is payment enough no need for the
commission.

Last call he says He is ghosting his system to a CD, and needs to know
how to add USB support to the Image, because last time he didn't add it
while ghosting he lost all use of his USB devices.
I have never heard of such a lame statement. I use Ghost all the time
and it has never caused me to lose device function on anything.
Sheesh!
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 3:10:55 PM

| Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:
| > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly
calls me
| > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
|
| Nokia phones can block individual callers based on incoming Caller ID,
but
| can't block calls where Caller ID is unavailable or blocked, and I
have no
| idea about LG phones.
|
| I'm just down the road from you. Should I go to the guy's house and
start
| asking him stupid questions about his profession? ;)
|
| --
| JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
| Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
| Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
| "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush
out and buy
| slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003

Ask him how to paint things then tell him you knew that already but it
didn't work for you.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:33:41 PM

Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:

> Ask him how to paint things then tell him you knew that already but it
> didn't work for you.

"I got Sherwin-Williams Royal Blue and put it on my monitor - now I have
a Blue Screen of Death!"

:)

May 22, 2004 5:04:51 AM

On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:28:51 -0700, "Mike M"
<Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote:

>Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
>for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
>So is there a function to block this person from my phone?

Take it from experience. Just tell the guy you will have to start
billing him your hourly rate for the calls, 1 hour minimum charge per
call. That usually puts an end to those types of calls.
May 22, 2004 4:50:51 PM

Also, Motorola phones allow you to atomatically send all calls to voicemail
that are not from callers in your phonebook.

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> Mike M <Mike@notspam.snowsummit.com> wrote:
> > Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls me
> > for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
> > So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
>
> Nokia phones can block individual callers based on incoming Caller ID, but
> can't block calls where Caller ID is unavailable or blocked, and I have no
> idea about LG phones.
>
> I'm just down the road from you. Should I go to the guy's house and start
> asking him stupid questions about his profession? ;)
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
> "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out
and buy
> slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 11:57:17 AM

"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
news:o lnta0dbqudaqi0tjlbs7kgfi3es26c8m8@4ax.com...
| On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:28:51 -0700, "Mike M"
| <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote:
|
| >Have a VX6000 and I have a very annoying person that constantly calls
me
| >for PC advice. He refuses to learn but continues to ask.
| >So is there a function to block this person from my phone?
|
| Take it from experience. Just tell the guy you will have to start
| billing him your hourly rate for the calls, 1 hour minimum charge per
| call. That usually puts an end to those types of calls.

Sad but true, I will have to go this route.
Anonymous
January 6, 2010 12:53:40 AM