How do I copy Icons to the TaskBar?

On the primary admin account I can drag/drop Icons to the
Taskbar. On my son's aaccount I get a circle with a black
line thru it. I've aalready been to the Control Panel and
have activated 'Show Quick Launch" by checking it. Two
icons appear (Internet explorer and the pencil thing),
but I cannot place any others there.
Thanks....
2 answers Last reply
More about copy icons taskbar

    Although I don't think it's nessasary, the other account may need to be in
    the administrator group. The other problem you might have is the tool bar is
    locked. Right click on the tool bar and select unlock.

    "Barney" wrote:

    > On the primary admin account I. can drag/drop Icons to the
    > Taskbar. On my son's aaccount I get a circle with a black
    > line thru it. I've aalready been to the Control Panel and
    > have activated 'Show Quick Launch" by checking it. Two
    > icons appear (Internet explorer and the pencil thing),
    > but I cannot place any others there.
    > Thanks....

    Alternatively you can copy icons to c:\documents and
    settings\[user account]\application
    data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch

    By default the quick launch bar is not shown and the
    taskbar is locked.

    The above folders may be hidden so you will have to click
    on Tools | Folder options | View and chang ethe settings
    whn you browse the folders.

Taskbar Icons Windows XP