How do I copy Icons to the TaskBar?

August 29, 2004 2:10:42 PM

On the primary admin account I can drag/drop Icons to the
Taskbar. On my son's aaccount I get a circle with a black
line thru it. I've aalready been to the Control Panel and
have activated 'Show Quick Launch" by checking it. Two
icons appear (Internet explorer and the pencil thing),
but I cannot place any others there.
Thanks....

More about : copy icons taskbar

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 3:07:01 PM

Although I don't think it's nessasary, the other account may need to be in
the administrator group. The other problem you might have is the tool bar is
locked. Right click on the tool bar and select unlock.

"Barney" wrote:

> On the primary admin account I. can drag/drop Icons to the
> Taskbar. On my son's aaccount I get a circle with a black
> line thru it. I've aalready been to the Control Panel and
> have activated 'Show Quick Launch" by checking it. Two
> icons appear (Internet explorer and the pencil thing),
> but I cannot place any others there.
> Thanks....

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 10:02:45 PM

Alternatively you can copy icons to c:\documents and
settings\[user account]\application
data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch

By default the quick launch bar is not shown and the
taskbar is locked.

The above folders may be hidden so you will have to click
on Tools | Folder options | View and chang ethe settings
whn you browse the folders.

!