xp wont load after sp2

a b D Laptop
August 29, 2004 2:33:15 PM

When I restart my laptop cpu with xp home edition, windows will not load past
the windows xp logo. Shutting down and restarting doesn't work and it wont
let me boot from cd. Wnat now?

More about : wont load sp2

August 29, 2004 3:45:24 PM

Safe Mode............F8 at start up??
peter
"Caliburn" <Caliburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I restart my laptop cpu with xp home edition, windows will not load past
> the windows xp logo. Shutting down and restarting doesn't work and it wont
> let me boot from cd. Wnat now?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 29, 2004 7:22:32 PM

Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

!