xp wont load after sp2

When I restart my laptop cpu with xp home edition, windows will not load past
the windows xp logo. Shutting down and restarting doesn't work and it wont
let me boot from cd. Wnat now?
2 answers Last reply
More about wont load

    Safe Mode............F8 at start up??
    peter
    "Caliburn" <Caliburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I restart my laptop cpu with xp home edition, windows will not load past
    > the windows xp logo. Shutting down and restarting doesn't work and it wont
    > let me boot from cd. Wnat now?

    Reboot tapping F8 each second.
    Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
    If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
    Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

    Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Caliburn" <Caliburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I restart my laptop cpu with xp home edition, windows will not
    > load past
    > the windows xp logo. Shutting down and restarting doesn't work and
    > it wont
    > let me boot from cd. Wnat now?

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP