Unknown save games location!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doombusterfx

Nov 9, 2005
Hi, i have just install Medieval 2 total war on my computer that have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bits. I look around to find where the game put my save game but i didn't find anything. On Windows XP that game put the save game on the folder that the game is install in. I really wanna make a backup of my save game so if anyone of you can help me it would be nice!!

Thanks and have a nice day!!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
You just installed the game, did you actually SAVE a game yet?

edit you did say you were looking for a save file, so disregard

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
It will probably say somewhere in the manual or readme. "My documents" is the most likely location.

Failing that, save a game and then close the program. Do a search in Windows for recently created or modified files. Voila.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
For rome total war (could be the same as medieval 2?) the savegame folder is located in [INSERT LETTER OF HARD DRIVE ON WHICH I INSTALLED THE GAME HERE]:\Program Files\Rome TotalWar\saves

G

i have the same problem he has, it was easy to find on XP, but now on vista it is NOWHERE to be found. Everything everyone already said i tried and ...nothing... It's not in my documents either(and yest I have like 3 saved games)

dafonz

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Not sure about vista, but on XP a lot of my games like Football Manager the saved file is in my documents folder.

Whatever you saved the file as, search for it.
I have Medieval 2 but have not played it in ages, will look on my comp when I can.

G

Have a look in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\saves, you'll likely find it there.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Have you actually done a search for "Medieval II Total War" ? Or just "Total War".
Sorry to come out as unsympathetic but i really cant see the point of signing upto a forum and posting a question like this when the search function is so easy to use.

If you did, and nothing showed....then your games are not saving for whatever reason :D In which case i would uninstall . reinstall.

G

Vista 64bit stores those files

C:/ users/ your name/ App Data / Local/ Virtual Store/ Programs Files (x86) /Sega/ Medieval II Total war/ saves

G

Vista 64bit stores those files

C:/ users/ your name/ App Data / Local/ Virtual Store/ Programs Files (x86) /Sega/ Medieval II Total war/ saves

i had exact same problem, this worked perfectly.

Also the AppData was hidden on my laptop. Solution: top of folder, Tools, Folder Options, View, scroll down and tick the show hidden files circle.

Sorted

Anonymous007

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

Only reason I'm reviving this thread is to call this guy I don't know who won't see this an idiot. Durr search plxs no work? k broke bye. Are you really bragging about being able to search? Sorry to come out as unsympathetic but I really can't see the point of answering a question with a post like that when the search function needs an expert like you to operate it.

Idiot...

/Anon

This topic helped me thanks once again tomshardware =p
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\saves

Status
Not open for further replies.