Linksys WRE54G...

Anybody using this & able to get it to work?
4 answers Last reply
More about linksys wre54g

    Mine works fine.

    --
    Bob Alston

    "Mike" <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody using this & able to get it to work?

    ---

    What make Access Point &/or WiFi Router are you using? Is it a Linksys?
    Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?

    "Coma" <newsgroup-walsh@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > What make Access Point &/or WiFi Router are you using? Is it a Linksys?
    > Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?
    >

    > Bob Alston wrote:
    >
    > > Mine works fine.

    I am using two different Linksys brand wireless access points/routers in two
    separate locations. Both connect with a variety of wireless clients linksys
    and non-linksys.

    "Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?"
    YOu would need to explain better what you want to accomplish. They will
    definitely interact with other routers and APs via the ethernet ports. But
    the Linksys APs I use expect to connect with wireless clients, not other
    wireless APs.

    --
    Bob Alston

    ---

    Here is a clip from another post of mine:
    ----------
    The Linksys WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander, will this device work with
    a non Linksys Access Point &/or WiFi Router?

    I have a situation where I want to piggy back off of a non encrypted
    publicly accessable free WiFi access that is provided in the shopping
    area of my building.
    I don't know the make of the Access Point / WiFi router.
    I can get a good signal at the window of my kitchen but rest of place
    has no signal, I want to add a repeater such as the WRE54G to get the
    signal to the rest of my place. Will this work?

    If not any suggestion for a repeater that will?

    Thank you.

    Bob Alston wrote:

    > "Coma" <newsgroup-walsh@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>What make Access Point &/or WiFi Router are you using? Is it a Linksys?
    >>Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?
    >>

    >>Bob Alston wrote:
    >>

    >>>Mine works fine.
    >>>

    > I am using two different Linksys brand wireless access points/routers in two
    > separate locations. Both connect with a variety of wireless clients linksys
    > and non-linksys.
    >
    > "Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?"
    > YOu would need to explain better what you want to accomplish. They will
    > definitely interact with other routers and APs via the ethernet ports. But
    > the Linksys APs I use expect to connect with wireless clients, not other
    > wireless APs.

Wireless Linksys Internet Wireless Networking