Linksys WRE54G...

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 9, 2004 6:17:21 PM

Anybody using this & able to get it to work?

More about : linksys wre54g

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 9, 2004 9:31:24 PM

Mine works fine.

--
Bob Alston

"Mike" <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody using this & able to get it to work?

---
a b F Wireless
August 11, 2004 8:50:36 PM

What make Access Point &/or WiFi Router are you using? Is it a Linksys?
Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?

Bob Alston wrote:

> Mine works fine.

a b F Wireless
August 11, 2004 8:54:42 PM

"Coma" <newsgroup-walsh@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> What make Access Point &/or WiFi Router are you using? Is it a Linksys?
> Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?
>

> Bob Alston wrote:
>
> > Mine works fine.

I am using two different Linksys brand wireless access points/routers in two
separate locations. Both connect with a variety of wireless clients linksys
and non-linksys.

"Can the WRE54G work with non Linksys AP/WiFi Routers?"
YOu would need to explain better what you want to accomplish. They will
definitely interact with other routers and APs via the ethernet ports. But
the Linksys APs I use expect to connect with wireless clients, not other
wireless APs.

--
Bob Alston

---
a b F Wireless
August 11, 2004 9:21:50 PM

Here is a clip from another post of mine:
----------
The Linksys WRE54G Wireless-G Range Expander, will this device work with
a non Linksys Access Point &/or WiFi Router?

I have a situation where I want to piggy back off of a non encrypted
publicly accessable free WiFi access that is provided in the shopping
area of my building.
I don't know the make of the Access Point / WiFi router.
I can get a good signal at the window of my kitchen but rest of place
has no signal, I want to add a repeater such as the WRE54G to get the
signal to the rest of my place. Will this work?

If not any suggestion for a repeater that will?

Thank you.

!