MSVCR71.DLL was not found.............

fmlyhm

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
alright. i know i saw a thread on here somewhere about this, and i read it after finding it on google. but now i cant find it again so sry if the new thread annoys someone...im tryin to get the new csi hard evidence to open up on my comp and after reinstalling it 3 times, it keeps giving me the whole "This application failed to start because MSVCR71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." well it doesnt fix anything. i tried to do what the previous thread i read said to do, but when really dont know wut im doin once it gets as deep into it as registering the file and messin with system files n all that. i need someones help and step by steps on how to do this because im very tired of this trial and error crap...any help would be much appreciated.

Yeah that was me. It was with COD2 and it was MSVCR80.DLL. With mine it was a conflict between the game and Microsoft Office 2007. Getting rid of Office got rid of the error. Not the best solution but it works for me.

TRENDING THREADS