Drive Letter Problems

I seem to have ended up with non-standard drive letters in my setup, as
follows:-
A: FDD
C: ZIP Drive
D: DVD Drive
E: Operating System (Partition with F:)
F: Data (Partition with E:)
G: CDRW Drive
H: Media Card Reader
I: Media Card Reader

I know that I can change the drive letters using Administrative Tools and
having Partition Magic re-assign programs and shortcuts etc, but does
anybody know if it's possible to re-assign my operating system partition to
C:

My system is working fine but every now and again new programmes I'm trying
to install wont find my CD unless it's D, and automatically assume my
Operating system is on C.

Any help would be much appreciated.

David.

Hi David,

You can't change the drive letter assigned to the system partition. You will
have to start over, this time detach the zip drive that took the C:
designation. This is a well-known issue that occurs when these drives are
attached to the system during a clean installation. You can reattach the
drive afterwards. And, actually, I would recommend strongly that you detach
any unnecessary peripherals during setup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone